This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Seventh Ave., NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 13, 2009

On the Street....Seventh Ave., NYC

Comments on "On the Street....Seventh Ave., NYC"

 

Anonymous NaydineK said ... (1:19 PM) : 

are these pumpkin pants?!!!

 

Anonymous xris said ... (1:25 PM) : 

RAe those those pants that the GAP produced back in the 80's? 16-whale corduroy with the print. I think they were made for women, but I used to wear them when I was skateboarding.

Anyone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Perfect! I adore those trousers, this is the only picture i've ever felt inclined to comment on.

 

Anonymous greendress said ... (1:31 PM) : 

big balls!

 

Blogger Sam said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Oh that is just horrific

-The Wish List
wishwanthave.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Kat said ... (1:42 PM) : 

it takes some guts for a man to pull off floral pants. =P

 

Blogger Menelik said ... (1:45 PM) : 

This is a tad bit disagreeable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

I am digging the PJ bottoms and boots.

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (1:54 PM) : 

rather hideous if I do say so myself. I would like to see someone defend this.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:55 PM) : 

loving the necktie and the print on the pants but something about the color scheme is holding me back from loving the whole shebang.

 

Blogger C A said ... (1:58 PM) : 

I think he just arrived from London Fashion Week! Lol. Love the look, the boots are amazing!

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

 

Blogger J T I said ... (1:59 PM) : 

JESSE YOU'RE THE FUCKING MAN

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

utterly ridiculous!

 

Anonymous Joey said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I like this look. It's different.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:12 PM) : 

What's hanging down under his sweater? It looks like a woman's black slip!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

want the shoes

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (2:14 PM) : 

is he wearing p jays or what lol?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

my question is - is that a fanny pack? please say no dear god, please say no.

love the shoes.

xoxo,
f

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- two girls blogging fashion from nyc and chicago!

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I like the look. Thank god we don't all have the same style and dress the same way!

 

Blogger Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Love the boots and trench

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Boots are cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

What the hell is that black thing over the pants?? I like this and the attitude that it brings...good not to take yourself too seriously some times.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

I love this look, the layers are perfect and the trench perfectly tones out the contrast of those beautiful pants. I have high respect for anyone who can pull of a look like this with a high level of confidence.

Christian Velasquez.

 

Blogger Lorena said ... (3:21 PM) : 

I actually like the pants, but not with the shoes. Black boots would look much better and balance everything out more.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

So many negative comments....wow! I LOVE this look!

- http://21arrondissement.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

well, look at mister crazy pants...

 

Anonymous Ellie said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Weeeeelll? I do like the boots and I do like the trench... definitely a confident brave fella to wear the pants. He is neat looking tho..

 

Anonymous Natasha said ... (4:02 PM) : 

i love those trousers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

the reason he can pull this off to me is because his face isn't "model like". i expect him to be wearing ECKO or something then.. he hits ya with the pants and the ohr-ahnj boots!

 

Blogger Sam U. said ... (4:07 PM) : 

HA! Style takes on so many forms!

 

Blogger Sophisticated Misfit said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I concur with the lady on the right side of the shot.

Pietro

 

Blogger CW said ... (4:11 PM) : 

My wife had those Gap cords!

He looks ridiculous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

I appreciate individuality, yet this oufit is very much in poor taste. The proportion/color scheme makes for a hiddeous combination.

 

Blogger English Rose ♥ said ... (4:28 PM) : 

hmm - this look isn't working for me and i cant decide whether its one thing thats wrong or the whole thing...

http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

oh my...

 

Blogger Amy said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Not feeling the pants and the long shirt...a bit too forgot to get dresses today for me. I like the rest though.

 

Blogger The Blasphemous Fiendess said ... (4:33 PM) : 

SImply smashing attitude! If he likes it he should wear it. That's the advice my eleven year old students give.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

I am NOT feeling 7th avenue AT ALL !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Redwings always look good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

i personally think that he looks great and i admire him for having the courage to wear what he thinks looks good on him. It has a lot of personality

 

Blogger Nilsby said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Different is good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

He goes to Parsons! He's a tough eastern european-looking guy.

 

Blogger Devi said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Love the boots and the top part. not the pants.

 

Anonymous davidsl said ... (5:15 PM) : 

as my grandmother would have said, "it's a look".

 

Blogger Sarah B said ... (5:29 PM) : 

I am mortified. What are those PANTS all about?

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (5:44 PM) : 

jammies!

 

Blogger JR said ... (5:44 PM) : 

Are those pajama bottoms, dental assistant pants, or chef pants? This ensemble is completely silly--laughable even.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Nothing screams "I hope The Sartorialist spots me!" like those pants.

 

Anonymous Maranda said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Sure, why not! I like it, something different. I also like how all the buildings are vertical and he's leaning. A little bit off-kilter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

can someone please tell me the deal with this tuck in pants look. I dont get it when its a beautiful day w/o rain or snow in the forcast

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Such a serious look and such soft, playful pants. :o) Whatever is at his waist is distracting and not attractive to me, but I'll bet this outfit looks great when he's on the move...walking, stooping, sitting with legs crossed, etc. The pants look agreeably soft and comfy and go well with the substantial boots. He looked well grounded to me. Bravo for that.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Ha i love the pants! I really like these new shots with a clustered of people in the background! It soo great!

http://mushitushi.blogspot.com

 

Blogger John McVey said ... (8:41 PM) : 

makes most everyone else on the street look good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 PM) : 

Not only are the pants strange, the whole shape of this outfit is weird. Plus I don't get the flapper thing on his crotch. His boots are cool though! And I have to give him point for uniqueness. I'd rather see people dressed like this, than to see all the little drones out there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

everything great expect the pants...to out there and doesn't fit with the overall 'look'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

GIVE 'ER!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Wow. Really?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 AM) : 

he's a vassar grad.
that explains it.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (2:41 AM) : 

the pants are pretty unique!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous y said ... (3:21 AM) : 

love it or hate, he wears it with confidence and that's what counts

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:04 AM) : 

I have often felt this way and often expressed it:

I think many people here would "like" anything you do. It makes no difference what, if you do it they feel there must be something "fashionable" about it, even if they are missing what it is.

This sort of thing makes me question the actual point of this blog... not in a negative way really and certainly I don't mean I'm considering NOT coming back. No, I love the photos but what is the point here? Is it to show me good, interesting fashion? Or just interesting fashion? Or street life around the world?

Well need I say, for me this is a no. PJ's with flowers or pumpkins on them really should just never be worn by a man but certainly not in public.

Susan

 

Anonymous lolly said ... (8:08 AM) : 

Are those pants ugly or what? I still love the photo though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

He is Fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Waaay too contrived for my sensibility.

Though I don't like it, it would be more palatable without the work boots. The boots really come out of nowhere.

But, as always, kudos for trying.......

 

Blogger abby jenkins said ... (1:22 PM) : 

DAMN if I didn't just give my boots like that to Goodwill. DAMN!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

damn right, jesse! from poughhh

style's about individuality and this is IT.

 

Blogger ROB said ... (4:17 PM) : 

what a great outfit! been waiting ages :o)

thanks sartorialist x x x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

What irritating comments! I dread to imagine what the world would look like if people allowed themselves to be dictated by any of these "standards"!

While I personally would not have worn this outfit (though I love the pants and the boots), I think this man reminds us that fashion is never what you wear, but how you wear it. In my opinion, there is no such thing as "unfashionable", because the concept of what is fashionable is constantly changing over time. If there is anything, it would be a lack of style, an ambivalence to oneself, a condition that this man clearly does NOT have.

Cheers to you man!

Jody Castillo, Manila

 

Anonymous Vinda said ... (9:38 AM) : 

love the boots!! unique style too, but I don't really like the pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Jesse Z always did his own thing at Vassar. He really tried to experiment and be creative. I promise you he wasn't hoping scott would find him, nor was he trying to become a spectacle like some have suggested.

Even if you don't like the outfit there is something to be appreciated in his operating in both the mainstream and margins of fashion. That is style.

 

Blogger juju said ... (5:17 PM) : 

I agree. I think this look is amazing.

 

Blogger Markmont said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Most certainly don't like the outfit but that is a pretty cool pose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 AM) : 

sooo sexxyy

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Very creative use of lumber jack boots. I approve.

All the layers look very futuristic. The use of the trench too. Like he's appropriated a classic for his own vision.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

Jesse--I miss living on the hall with you. Love that you make your own clothes sometimes.

 

Anonymous Guatemala Rutas said ... (11:53 AM) : 

First time in the blog.. really nice pics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

I love it. He's got the attitude to pull it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

looks like cleveland browns pants!

 

Anonymous MarcellT said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Those are Red Wing Shoes- Legendary! I have a pair of Red Wings, bugt not these.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:03 AM) : 

The pajama pants are okay, the boots are cool, and his entire upper mid-half is good, but together? It seems like he's trying a little to hard to be...something? I don't think hipster quite fits here.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:59 PM) : 

omg...super crazy(in a good way)pants

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

This outfit translates to supreme confidence. People are attracted to confidence possibly more than any other attribute.

"The people dancing look insane to those who cant hear the music."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

sweeet

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting