This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist for GQ at The Fasano, Rio de Janeiro

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Sartorialist for GQ at The Fasano, Rio de Janeiro

Enough snow for a day...can we go back to Rio?
I tried shooting my March GQ page in about 4 different locations but it just wasn't working...and I was running out of time. I had already made the commitment to attend the Rio Fashion week but I was more than a little nervous that I would find enough in Rio to fill my page. After scouting Rio for a day (a very hot, uncomfortable day) I returned to the Fasano hotel and went straight to the pool.
In two seconds I knew that my next page would be all about the pool scene at the Fasano in Rio. Neil Barrett, Dean Caten of DSquared, Luca Rubinacci and enough local "beautiful people" to fill seven pages of GQ.

I don't know why but Dean Caten of DSquared decided to throw a wedding bouquet of flowers to all the "single ladies" at the pool. Although this shot is fun, I should have filmed him marching around the pool grabbing the ladies to participate. Mr. Caten does have an unusual charm with the ladies.



I think all you need in Rio is a hot bathing suit, cool sunglasses and something to wear to and from the airport.
Garance also loved the Fasano but she loved the fresh coconut drinks even more. Here is a link to Garance Fasano post

Comments on "The Sartorialist for GQ at The Fasano, Rio de Janeiro"

 

Blogger Frederique said ... (5:58 AM) : 

Wonderful photos!! I will needed some sun in this snow! Once again you proved that u are AMAZING! thank you! (the first boy is too hot!! he needs to call me lol)

 

Blogger Café Naïveté said ... (6:13 AM) : 

These shoots are so relaxing and give me a big nostalgic sense of summer. I guess you are right, out of every other beach-capitals of the world, Rio gives me the sense of simplicity, where all you need are nice bikinis and a great positive mood. And just enjoy yourself and others.

 

Blogger Gabi Pimentel said ... (6:20 AM) : 

I love Rio!!!!!!1

 

Blogger Aleisha-Rose said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Ahhh summer looks so good right now! I'm still loving the layers of winter... but simplicity never looked so good!!!

xoxo

http://daringdarlingdelight.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Beverly. said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Damn, wish I were there.

 

Blogger ... said ... (6:29 AM) : 

great pictures,really!
XOXO
http://loresfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mr Sartorial said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Where do you find all the soulful beautiful people you photograph. Do we live on different planets, or perhaps I looking in the wrong place? Regardless of this, I get a dream through your pictures that the world may be a better place in future

 

Anonymous Christoffer Åhlén said ... (6:39 AM) : 

Such beautiful pictures. I love the third one, not to mention the first one. Great colors!

 

Blogger istanbul fashion addict said ... (6:49 AM) : 

lovely pool and summer photographs I wish it was summer but its still cold.I miss summer days.Bronze is hot!

istanbul fashion addict

http://istanbulfashionaddict.blogspot.com/2010/02/hakaan-london-fashion-week-today-kate.html

 

Anonymous Rosana Fortes said ... (7:05 AM) : 

Great! I'll definitely buy the issue. Rio is the most beautiful city in the world !!!

 

Blogger mia said ... (7:16 AM) : 

humm, I miss this light and sun. great pictures, garance is adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 AM) : 

The first picture is close to perfection!

 

Blogger Ania said ... (7:24 AM) : 

oh, the good life.

thanks for posting :))

 

Blogger Elisa said ... (7:31 AM) : 

Lovely picts. I really like all of them. Rio sounds like so much fun, I want to go!

http://timetimetravelers.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 AM) : 

In response to your question and to the first photo: Oh, yes! We definitely can go back to Rio!

 

Anonymous Rui Delgado said ... (7:51 AM) : 

sounds promising!!!

 

Blogger pea said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Wow, I've never wanted to be in Rio so badly... and it's not like I'm sitting in some cold place waiting for summer. :)
And the picture of Garance is absolutely stunning!

 

Blogger NewKett said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Garance is gorgeous !
And this place is a dream !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 AM) : 

beautiful photos... great hotel...sunshine....simply wonderful :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

The boy is divine.

 

Blogger barbora said ... (8:09 AM) : 

oh my.. this is amazing. I love the pictures, this looks like heaven:>

 

Anonymous AppleTree said ... (8:15 AM) : 

"i want to go to there"

 

Blogger Luka Ivanišević said ... (8:17 AM) : 

omg :D the colors... can't wait till summer....

 

Anonymous clairedelune said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Amazing shots. The view this guy has from the terrace is heavenly. This photo emanates so much positivity and calmness.

 

Anonymous smile said ... (8:32 AM) : 

"all you need in Rio is a hot bathing suit, cool sunglasses and something to wear to and from the airport"-- you left out the perfect body!!

 

Blogger aivi said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Oh if only I had money to go there... it's -16 celcius here in Helsinki and new snow fell last night.
It seems that it's far easier to find beautiful people in exotic locations such as Rio, but then again maybe they are more carefree and pay closer attention to their physical and mental well being.

And Garance's smile is absolutely lovely.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:07 AM) : 

You have successfully managed to make me think of Rio all day, stylishly lounging at the Fasano, thus rendering me unable of studying whatsoever. Thank you!

 

Blogger Gustavo Belli said ... (9:26 AM) : 

We love RIO!!!

Great shots, beautiful peoples!

When you come to Florianópolis, the wonder Island in South Brazil? Angel's Beaches.

ByeBye

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (9:31 AM) : 

sigh...I would like to go to Rio, especially if the gentleman from the first photo could meet me at the airport.

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Oh wow!!! It looks like so much fun. I really want to go to Rio now (especially with the crappy cold weather here). But the pictures make me feel warmer already...

 

Anonymous Bárbara Milagres said ... (9:34 AM) : 

E o Rio de Janeiro continua lindo...

 

Blogger Lemon for breakfast said ... (9:47 AM) : 

wow! handsome boy! :)
And really nice pics! :)

 

Blogger thwany said ... (10:00 AM) : 

guy in the first pic is just WOW

 

Anonymous FierceObjection said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Brazil just looks like the happiest place on earth. The people are hauntingly beautiful, they truly believe in celebrating life, it's amazing and refreshing.
It looks like I'll be moving to Brazil.
http://fierceobjection.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous ana said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I´m brazilian and this hotel is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I want your life.

 

Blogger SimplyTara said ... (10:35 AM) : 

I want to go there so bad! I'm freezing right now.

www.coquettishfacade.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:40 AM) : 

ahhhhh.. i would love to hop on a plane right now and head to Rio. hmmmm... Great photos. and lovely portrait of Garance.

 

Blogger Katy said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Wish I was there!

 

Anonymous Isobel Saoirse said ... (10:49 AM) : 

So may beautifull pictures! I know for sure that I'll have to go to Rio at least once in my life now!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I love your photos from Rio! Man, I think a hot bathing suit IS all you need. Garance looks beautiful in that photo. What a great shot of her. xo

CAMILLA SKOVGAARD PLATFORM WEDGES AT www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Dressed4Success said ... (11:07 AM) : 

WOoOO..GReat picssSs!!*

Visit my blog! =;-D

www.claulovesfashion.blogspot.com

..muamua!*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Stunning images! The first one is the best eye candy I have seen in a long time! TAKE ME AWAY.

xoxo
J

www.talkprettytome.blogspot.com

 

Blogger VoulaVous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

refreshing images! and garance, she's beautiful!

 

Anonymous MIss Therry said ... (11:25 AM) : 

You do NOT want to see me in a bikini, but I want that boy in the first pic.

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (11:43 AM) : 

beautiful people alright! After seeing this post...I am off to the workout that I was going to skip today!!! ggrrr.....

Great photos!!!!!

 

Blogger C A said ... (12:04 PM) : 

The first image is the best one (lol); Garance looks beautiful as always ;)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:06 PM) : 

This is going to be an excellent GQ spread...gorgeous photographs and Garance looks stunning as ever...

Best regards

http://misanthropicpulp.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Karoline said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Beautiful people!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Well, I'm carioca and i have to agree with you. Just a tip, The Fasano's restaurant (Fasano Al Mare) is amazing, great seafood.

Too pity I'm working now, because the sun is shining here and the carnival hasn't yet finished.

And no, you don't need a hot bathing suit and cool sunglasses, just a positive spirit and it's fine already to us.

With all due respect, your girlfriend "est marveilleuse"!

Greetings from a brazilian lawyer that have to where suits in Rio! :)

 

Blogger Selfish said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I think I need to live there
http://vodkacaviardreams.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

There is very little that is appealing about this. Perhaps I just prefer muted colors to the overstated tones of the poolside, or the subtle way that colors and textures fit together as opposed to the "look how naked I can be" attitude that these people seen to exude.
You can find that attitude and these clothes anywhere that there is sun and water and people with raging sex drives.
Give me your pale, your swaddled, your gaunt. I don't see any style here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Top photo of a handsome young man in an ill-fitting suit, such a shame

 

Blogger Puruda Amit Kothari said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Beautiful pictures. The photos are so fashionable yet so natural and pertaining to real people, it is so easy to relate to these and this simply makes it a sheer delight.

 

Anonymous Mattheus Lian said ... (2:04 PM) : 

FABULOUS PIC OF GARANCE ENJOYING HER COCONUT!! MAKES ME JEALOUS. IM A COCO ADDICT TOO.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

cannot believe how many beautiful people there are! what do these people do??!! where do they come from?!

 

Blogger johnny boy said ... (2:06 PM) : 

You have to go on the 'Rio Scenarium' in Lapa (RJ). Wanderful place for you make more pictures and dance samba.
Best regads from Barcelona!

http://casualportraitsbcn.blogspot.com

 

Blogger eesa said ... (2:16 PM) : 

i think i have found my new hometown

 

Blogger Sarah Grace said ... (2:33 PM) : 

love the photos and the party looks absolutely amazing...i'm jealous for sure.

http://thebuzzonfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mina said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Ahh lovely photos..i miss summer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Killing me softely with this photos!Claudia is taking me there next year!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Skin is always in, specially if the subject is comfortable in his or hers.

 

Blogger what dia like said ... (3:55 PM) : 

beautiful Garance!
www.whatdialike.com

 

Blogger ZikA said ... (4:08 PM) : 

WOW...incredible shots...just bring some of the sunshine to europe where its honestly to cold...give me the favour and enjoy the heat... I'm so jealous of all these people...would love to go shopping with sunglasses and bathing suit under a flying summerdress.........and of course, drinking a coconutdrink...

 

Blogger djs said ... (4:31 PM) : 

I pretty much live off of coconut water and açaí in the summer in Rio!

 

Blogger alice said ... (4:32 PM) : 

I love the photos!!

http://thebrazilissue.com/

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (4:50 PM) : 

wow, lovely photos. I hope to go there someday!

 

Blogger Ava said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Beautiful, Rio is perfect. The color of the photos...... you just find it in Rio.

 

Anonymous matt said ... (5:07 PM) : 

SERIOUSLY. Rio is the most beautiful place in the world!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

So much well deserved, fantastic comment to the first pic of the young man - yes, indeed, gorgeous. Had you gone just a bit further south to Punta del Este, Uruguay, the beaches are miles long with such a population of stellar beauties. Frankly, I never understand why Americans don't travel more to Brazil, Argentina & Uruguay - such stunning persons & weather, and the exchange rate is actually strong?! hmmm.
Robert - innatestyle

 

Anonymous Gigi said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Hello Sart!
(sorry about my english, i'm french...)i look your blog since a long time but this is my first comment: first, simple and short:...the first guy is hoooooooooooot!!! :)

 

Blogger Carina R.S. said ... (5:31 PM) : 

I was there in the same week! Why you didn't organized a event to promote your book there? I complete agree with you about wearing only a bathing suit in Rio, that week was HOT !!! (50 degrees C!).

 

Blogger memory of air said ... (7:22 PM) : 

hold it...

cool sunglasses...

a hot swimsuit...

and something to wear to and from the airport...

????!!!!!!

count me in!!!!!

true style.
feeling comfortable in ones' own skin.

 

Anonymous Elissa Ko said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Rio..."Cidade Maravilhosa." It must have been beautiful, especially during the Carnaval season... such festivity and color in the city. Around this time of the year there is nothing better than relaxing at the Praia de Ipanema and Copacabana during the weekends. Fashion is everywhere... especially in the swim wear and cangas... Don't you think that the Brazilian people reflect warmth and happiness through their fashion? :)
Hmm..fresh coconut drink... there can't be anything more delicious and refreshing in a weather like Rio...
gotta love Brazil...♡ Eu amo Brazil

Tchau!

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (7:45 PM) : 

GOD. SEEMS SO PARADISE.
LOVE IT.
PARIS IS SO COLD NOW!





XXX
DENNI
HTTP://THECHICMUSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

Another hard day at the office then.....? ;)

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (8:52 PM) : 

The Fasano is OK. Hard to not be beautiful, it's so new and expensive.

If you want a hauntingly cool 'hood in Rio, go to Santa Teresa and Lapa.

But I'll shut up about divulging anymore.

 

Anonymous all-in-the-silhouette said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Garance is SO naturally, and unaffectedly, gorgeous. This photograph has an 'Arthur Elgort' quality.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (10:21 PM) : 

So envious! I want summer! Also the blonde in the red and black bikini jumping for the bouget is ripped!

 

Blogger Maria Ana said ... (10:38 PM) : 

you have one gorgeous girlfriend!
beijos

www.thebeautylover.blogspot.com

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (10:48 PM) : 

These pictures tell a great story. I love the last one. How wonderful!

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Garance looks beautiful.

 

Anonymous Miss Jane said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Mr Sart. It is stinking hot in Melbourne at the moment. Off to the beach myself. Nice to see some summer shots and the best one of all is Garance. xxx

 

Blogger BB said ... (12:32 AM) : 

In reference to the first pic: something it's the {lack of} clothes that say it all, no?

 

Blogger juju ariel said ... (12:55 AM) : 

rio looks like a dream... ok, i'm ready to start tanning again!! ah non, merde, this winter weather...
-juju
thecabeceo.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Cars said ... (1:00 AM) : 

I feel like everyone in Brazil is almost intimidatingly good-looking. Great photos!

 

Anonymous RunwayRevolution said ... (2:22 AM) : 

Now THAT is a pool! God, why don't we do shallow lazy pools like that in Australia?

Oh yeah...the sunburn. Ouch! Maybe the sun is milder in Rio??


Hotness of a different kind... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 AM) : 

that woman looks happpppyyy! a very knowing smile!
*sp

 

Blogger Sara Lee Bentley said ... (4:41 AM) : 

Gorgeous, Beautiful, Relaxing and Warm! Thanks so much for posting! I bet you wouldn't mind a bit of that Rio heat to visit you now, huh? :)

www.sarabbentley.blogspot.com

 

Blogger VIDA EN OBRAS said ... (7:06 AM) : 

What camera are you using? AMAZING photographs, really good! (I want summer back...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

beautiful people beautiful location !! i'm envious ! but it fuels my motivation to work hard and start my life ! (i'm final year student) keep up the good work ^^

 

Blogger San said ... (8:07 AM) : 

When it comes to the guy in the first picture I can't help it, I'm drooling. Rrrrr.

Lovely pictures. Just what I needed at this moment coming back from a run in the snow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Little beauty, no style. (Garance excepted, fabulous as always)

If those tank tops and t-shirts and bikinis were in the U.S. we would all be lamenting the American's sad lack of elegance and flair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

these photos ooze warmth!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:13 AM) : 

You make me long for summer and a long vacation someplace far away from all this rain, snow, and lousy weather. My husband lived in Costa Rica for many years and loved the drinks they call Peepas (not sure of spelling) that you can buy on any street corner. They are coconuts that have been opened up and filled with rum the night before. Who needs more? My husband says he used to walk into the city and buy these when he was a kid. Hah, what a great story! Great photograph of Garance, she looks very relaxed and happy too to be out of NYC and into the sunshine.

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (11:23 AM) : 

You have to go to Bonito, Brazil, it's more than a dream ;-)

 

Blogger Rearden said ... (11:27 AM) : 

What a lovely, bright country. I love how relaxed they are and how comfortable with their own bodies. I suppose that's necessary in a country where it seems the daily uniform is a bathing suit.

http://thecourageoussoul.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Juju said ... (11:34 AM) : 

It's been snowing all morning... wish I was in Rio right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I really like your tropic photos. They make me pine for a vacation. Also Garance looks beautiful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Rio, the best life style in the world. Hot, fashion and simplicity do make things....

Welcome to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

 

Blogger Vamos! said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Oh lord. I went to Rio in july last year for vacation. I had just graduated high school and had a 5 week vacation in Sao Paulo and Rio with a friend. The day before we left for good we sat and had our last caipirinha on Copacabana in the middle of the night. A man from the favela came to sell us jewlery and we started talking. He asked us "why are you going home". I couldn't answer that question then and sitting here in cold Sweden I still can't understand why I didn't stay. Your photos make me even more certain that I'm going back next winter. Thanks!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (2:08 PM) : 

When I think of Rio. I see images of the favela's. But these pictures are only of people in high places...

Great shots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

I live in Rio, and yeah, you're right, live in this city is really an amazing experience. That's why this city is known here like "Cidade Maravilhosa" which means "The Wonderful City". It's just perfect come home after a hard day at work and relax on the beach at night... drinking coconut water... Dude, I love living here...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

I´m carioca. I live in Rio and I loved the comments about my city.
cidade naravilhosa!!!!
Beijos

 

Anonymous Lina said ... (6:41 PM) : 

garance looks so beautiful! she truly is a beauty

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Well hot damn! that first shot. good Lord.

 

Blogger Connie said ... (3:28 AM) : 

Wow, that is one hot man.

The Heartbreak

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Beautiful portrait of beloved woman! Garance's smile is the most wonderful dress she could wear :)

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Of course we should go back to Rio! It is one of the great cities of this world, like Paris, Rome, New York!

Enough of London Fashion Week - bring on more Fasano & Ipanema.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Garance is a natural beauty. What does she use on her skin, I wonder aloud?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Life's easy when you confine its worldview to a bourgeois hotel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Is Garance's hair still straight?

 

Anonymous Jonrah said ... (12:17 PM) : 

So jealous! I love Garance!

 

Blogger Fabi said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Welcome to Rio!!!
I'm brazilian, and I love Rio de Janeiro.

 

Anonymous La said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Come back to Brazil! We love you here! Have you heard about Florianópolis? Same atmosphere as Rio, very stylish people and laid back attitude. You're gonna love it.

 

Blogger Diane said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Wow, these photos are so much fun, thanks for this post! Looks like the time of a life time :D

kiss

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:26 PM) : 

We miss you already in Rio! Come back soon!

 

Blogger Suman said ... (2:53 PM) : 

really awesome. Love the girls.

 

Blogger Marcus Martins said ... (4:54 PM) : 

Great pics. I'm brazilian, and i never went to Rio, but i go, one day!

I love love this pics

 

Blogger Quintus Slide said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Garance is a woman of great, unassuming beauty.

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Rio is the best city in the world for sure. I'm glad that you had a chance to know it better... after seen your photos from Rio, to say the truth I don't have any interest of seen the other ones, from NY, or Paris or Milan... I really love your pictures, but the Rio ones, the tropical ones, where you can see happy people, sun and life... well they have something... Rio have something. I hope you noticed, because I notice every day here, and I lived here all my life, I'm from Rio and I'm so proud of it. Come more often! I'm sure you'll be very welcome!! The brazilian people are good at that!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

such beautiful people!! Love the shots :)

 

Anonymous Christine said ... (9:36 PM) : 

I so wish I could for a day see the world through your eyes, Scott.. you see so much loveliness, such beauty in details that I'd never be able to perceive without your interpreting it through your lenses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

Speaking of cool sunglasses, anyone know what model that handsome gentleman is sporting in the second to last shot?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Cosign: Well hot damn! that first shot
I generally don't swoon and ogle but the guy in your first photo is damn near close to perfection! Makes me think about my vacation in Ipanema a few years ago and I must return real soon! I was so overcome with awe that I sent the link to my friends, girls and guys.

Cosign: You have to go on the 'Rio Scenarium' in Lapa
All of Lapa is fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

O M G!! It's a knockout!! So is the gent in the square cut...

I need me a plane ticket...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Adorei o formato deste blog.Parabens!
Quer saber mais sobre o Luxo?
www.luxurylab.com.br

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting