This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Contest Update

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Contest Update

Thanks to everyone that submitted a photo for the contest!

I thought we might get a few hundred entries but we ended up with over 2,200 submissions.

We've all enjoyed the images and related stories. No matter who gets the book I think we were all winners.

If you like, continue to send vintage photos to this email address sartorialistcontest@gmail.com (and only to that email address)

I still have quite a few images that I will be posting occasionally over the next few weeks.

Because of the huge response to the contest it will take me a week or so to sort through all of emails myself. I plan to announce a winner next week.

Can you guess what the next contest will be?

Comments on "Contest Update"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:53 PM) : 

This contest was a fantastic idea, I've really enjoyed seeing the images you've posted so far and hearing the stories behind the pictures. Inspiring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

hmmm...next contest could be taking a vintage item, tell a story about it (ie grandfather clock, special chair, jewelry, clothes...etc.) incorporate it somehow in a fashion shoot-like photo and submit it.

the contest is too cool. nice picks too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

Babies!!

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I think it would be fantastic if you published the entry photos as a book!

 

Anonymous simona said ... (3:25 PM) : 

It doesn't matter!
I love your contests!

 

Anonymous New York Experience said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Looking forward to seeing the winning photo, good luck to all entrants.

 

Blogger Volga said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Please, don't make the next contest too narrow and difficult that even people from other professions can participate

 

Blogger Meg said ... (3:57 PM) : 

The Speed of Life?

Signs of Love?

I love how the print publication, the Sun (maagzine), has a theme then throws it out to the readers to interpret as they wish into their own story, maybe a photo contest that is similar to this idea?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

I kept coming across outrageous wedding styles in formal portraits from the 60's, 50's, 40's... and wondered where that could play out!

 

Anonymous Tácio said ... (4:37 PM) : 

I'll be waiting for the next contest, i love wake up every morning and open the blog, let my day more excited.

Tacio - Brazil.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Maybe you should compose a book with all of the shared images and family stories... I'll be you have enough for a great volume of fashion through the ages!

 

Anonymous Susan said ... (4:54 PM) : 

I'm too tired to guess but whatever you come up with, I'm sure it will be entertaining. I love this series.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

It's moving to read the vintage photo stories and feel the intense connection that people still have to the long-gone people in them. A deep appreciation of who they were and their continuing influence.

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (5:18 PM) : 

This was so fun...my guess for your next contest would be 80's fashion.

That old school era (my era) had so many variety of fashions (Punk, Valley Girl,New Romantic, Glam Rock, Mod)...would be tons of fun.

What do ya think?

 

Anonymous Denise Akemi said ... (5:39 PM) : 

My guess for the next contest would be a pic of your favorite fashion item; something that always makes you feel fabulous when you wear it, be it a certain scarf, favorite coat, an heirloom ring.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (5:39 PM) : 

I like the wedding idea. I was thinking maybe modern vintage - taking some vintage item(s) of clothing or accessories and having it be part of a modern outfit. Maybe that is what lumikha is saying also?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

I'm guessing, from the excellent Vreeland excerpts.. fashion quotables. Fashionable quotes?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:54 PM) : 

the best method to sort vintage photos?

 

Blogger "L" said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I loved the vintage photo contest! Everyone's photos were great and had interesting stories. I am so glad I can still send in photos just for fun :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

In fact, I should've guessed: "why don’t you.. have a contest to see who styles the most Vreeland-ish finish to Diana's own prompt (in less than 140 total characters)?”

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

Scott, the contest was such a wonderful idea... All this diversity, the stories, the different views, the emotions. I think we are not talking only about style, but about life and humanity. As you "allowed" us, I'm taking the liberty of sending one more picture.
BTW, I miss some photos from the 60's and 70's, more hippies and disco era.
Congratulations again.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:31 AM) : 

Is there a possibility that you'd found a blog/image site just for Vintage Photo -contest entries and stories? It would be great to browse through.

 

Anonymous Tathyana said ... (7:22 AM) : 

I think you should open a sister blog where you post readers' vintage photos and their stories.

It deserves its own venue.

 

Blogger kaye i. said ... (9:00 AM) : 

DARN. I really was hoping to submit some pictures! Too bad they're all left behind in the Philippines.

I have stories to share and beautiful pictures of my late Grandpa when he used to play drums and was a town town councillor. He always was a dapper gentleman. I wish I have my Grandma's pictures of when she young, she used to sell bread before going to school, she sews and was a hairstylist during war.

I'm going to ask my relatives if they could send them to me. I'm crossing my fingers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Dear Sart,

I am writing a note to say that having contests are a GREAT idea !!! The vintage photo contest was genius and I hope you continue the "interactive" trend on your blog!

respectfully,
huracán

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

is the next contest...guessing what the next contest will be?

 

Anonymous online sarees said ... (2:45 AM) : 

This a top blog I have ever seen

 

Anonymous 18 year old car insurance said ... (12:36 PM) : 

wow
good blog
and very good number of comments

 

Anonymous misspawpaw said ... (9:08 AM) : 

The next contest will be the contrast of colour against the black/white world!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting