This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Alejandro & Mom, Vintage Photos

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Alejandro & Mom, Vintage Photos


I love the idea of the contest, of sharing and being able to see other people's vintage photos. We tend so much to see fashion as something idealized and this really connects it with people's lives, it's great.

This a picture of my mother Willy van Rooy and me in Paris, I'm guessing the year must be 1970 or 71 at the most (I was born in 68). Apart from being an iconic model in the 60's and 70's who worked with the best photographers and designers, my mother was, and still is, a person with an amazing and very individual fashion sense (which later in life led her to become a successful fashion and shoe designer). I never remember her following fashion or buying clothes off-the-rack.

What I love about this picture is that it really shows her style, the mix of old-Hollywood glamour (the 30's vintage coat, the red lips, the short snake-skin jacket), with absolute freedom (the embroidered dress, the hand-made spanish boots, the Ibiza basket, the scarf and the flowing hair). And... don't I look like the cutest little hippie?

All the best,
Alejandro

Comments on "Alejandro & Mom, Vintage Photos"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Such a photo. Thanking you muchly xx

 

Blogger Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Speechless.

 

Anonymous Joana Darc said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Gorgeous pic!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (9:10 AM) : 

great style...I love this picture

 

Anonymous Emilia said ... (9:10 AM) : 

this is magnificent.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:12 AM) : 

This is so beautiful! What a great woman?!!!!
This picture belongs in a fashion magazine

 

Anonymous Marcela said ... (9:21 AM) : 

I'm not sure if this is the best one, but her outfit is..! She looks stunning (I love her scarf with the coat) and the kid's outfit's fun too..
http://ledazzler.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (9:22 AM) : 

I love this photo and the fact it's in color. She's able to pull off what she's wearing quite well and I love how it does come off that this is her personal style.

 

Anonymous Hari said ... (9:26 AM) : 

She's wonderful...she was in a vintage Vogue cover !

Hari,
http://harilay.free.fr

 

Blogger Theresa Cheek said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Priceless photo,,,,she shows such confidence with her style!

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I find the kid's post fascinating though the mother looks totally disinterested... Her mad fashion mix is alot to absorb at first, but broken down piece by piece, it's quite interesting. I wish she had smiled in this photo so that I could impose my view of happiness upon her ;)

 

Anonymous Rene Schaller said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I love the picture when she was running in front of plan for helmut newton. and this picture is very nice too!

 

Blogger the style crusader said ... (9:55 AM) : 

this photo is absolutely incredible. it truly looks like from another world and time altogether. love the eccentricity and individuality of both of their outfits. truly inspiring. xx

 

Anonymous AlexC said ... (10:06 AM) : 

What an amazing photo. The epitome of individual, bohemian style. Just beautiful!

 

Blogger *Marine Fleury* said ... (10:09 AM) : 

oh my god!
what stylish woman!
how charismatic she is!
sorry for my bad english

 

Blogger boots and tights said ... (10:25 AM) : 

this photo is amazing. she is the epitome of 60s/70s bohemian glamour. sometimes i wish i would dress like this everyday!

bootsandtights.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Erica said ... (10:31 AM) : 

Wow. I really can't express how much I love this photo. It's beyond words.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

What an amazing photo.

Yes, you were adorable. Not only was your Mother's style fabulous but the style she dressed you in was just as cool.

Thank you for sharing suck a memorable shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I can only hope that one day I will be a mother who is that cool. Fantastic mix creating a great individual style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

She is indeed special. I like her style, and yet... I remember wearing things like this in the '70's as well. It was a time when fashion was far more far-flung, shall we say? Everyone was travelling and bringing back treasures to wear, whether that was Indonesia, or Paris or England. Because this was the time before globalization and fashion wasn't dictated to us, we simply put stuff together.

 

Anonymous Iheartfashion said ... (11:14 AM) : 

What a great photo! Beautiful mom and son with such style.

 

Blogger kayang said ... (11:17 AM) : 

amazing!!!!! This is why I love the 70s.

 

Anonymous Dr. David Powers said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Love the fur. It ties everything together.

 

Blogger Suzanne said ... (11:26 AM) : 

What a gorgeous photo, Mom and babe! I love the clothes...your Mom's style, the way she wears that scarf and her adorable hippy girl. Thank you for sharing!

 

Anonymous Diogenes said ... (11:33 AM) : 

The interesting thing about this photo is that I could not guess when it was taken.

It could be the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 60s or last week. The only time period I knew it couldn't be was the 50s.

Very chic and clever mom.

 

Blogger Martha said ... (11:42 AM) : 

AMAZING, so inspirational. What great style

 

Blogger Tácio Barros said ... (11:57 AM) : 

It's one of the most beautiful picture and woman i've ever seen, and dont forgetting you of course. auhauha..^^ it's true, really cute.

 

Blogger gaby said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Amazing Pic!! love the style, and yes you look like the cutest little hippie ever!!!

 

Anonymous Rachelle said ... (11:58 AM) : 

This is absolutely beautiful!

 

Blogger Veronika said ... (12:12 PM) : 

wow!this photo is unique and looks like new from fashion magazine)
And...yes, the cutest!)

 

Anonymous The Librarian said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I LOVE it!

 

Anonymous jokemijn said ... (12:24 PM) : 

it's in your blood :) you were the cutest!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

wow! great pic! i've really loved it, she's amazing and you look so cute!

thanks for sharing it with us!

best,

maría.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Mother and son both look so chic and stylish. I really love her style. x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger gabrielle said ... (12:32 PM) : 

this is definitely my favorite photo out of all of them so far. she is stunning and her ensemble is timeless. and, alejandro, you were a beautiful baby with impeccable style.

www.paperplanesandmarjanes.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

love the colors and the way they perfectly match.

 

Blogger not so zen -quilts in Paris said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Willy van Rooy? I remember her well, she was a regurly seen model for a magazine called Avenue,another called Hitweek, remember my parents HATED everything like flowerpower and avantgarde..... I went to Paris, like she did. She had a sop Rue Fontaine if i remeber it well....
Where does time go?
Will in Montmartre

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Wow! Style with a capital S T Y L E - beautiful & inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

This is my favorite vintage photo yet. Really magical...

 

Anonymous Julie Anne Rhodes said ... (12:47 PM) : 

OMG, I love that Biba look. Never ever get tired of it.

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (12:51 PM) : 

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing this, Alejandro and Scott. I love her mix and match eclectic style.

 

Anonymous Lis said ... (12:59 PM) : 

what a couple you make:) I don't believe my childhood pictures are quite that stylish!

 

Anonymous Lisa said ... (12:59 PM) : 

You both look amazing!
Totally love your mother´s style, it´s stunning!

 

Blogger a+ said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Fantástica !
Besito

 

Blogger Heather Feemster said ... (1:44 PM) : 

This photo is AMAZING. I wish I had it framed on the wall!

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Ha, this is one of the most adorable pictures I've seen in a while! I wonder what the little one in the picture grew up to look like :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:07 PM) : 

what a beautiful photo!

 

Anonymous Suzanne Nelson said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Wow. Wow. And Wow again!

 

Blogger Copious Couture said ... (2:25 PM) : 

OMG your mom is gorgeous and might I saw has impeccable style!!!! A woman could wear that today and would still be in style and super glamourous!!! Gorgeous!

Hope your having a great weekend!
Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

 

Blogger tuto said ... (2:25 PM) : 

sublime timeless style
tuto

how does the little hippie look today?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

It is absolutly amazing! Your mother is beautifull and ellegant! I loved. And you were a cute kid!

 

Blogger rar said ... (2:41 PM) : 

It reminds me of some Roman Polansky movies. She's got style. Definetely.

 

Blogger MJCK said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Yes indeed, the first thing that came up on my mind was that the kid sure looks like the cutest little hippie ever.:) Awesome to have a mom like that. She must be quite inspiring, that's for sure..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

this looks like it could be a modern fashion photo - so pretty!!
Kate from Reno

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Perfect! It's just my style; it's timeless. This picture could be taken in 2010. Vintage is hot!

 

Anonymous Maggie said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Georgeous photo, Alejandro. I would love to see how your mother dresses now (as I think we are the same age).

 

Blogger STREETFSN said ... (3:32 PM) : 

wow she's so gorgeous !
and look at the little boy.
who knows he dressed up by himself!


http://streetfsn.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous greybreaks said ... (3:50 PM) : 

tres chic! love the child's boots, and the head scarf. great scarf!

 

Blogger stoneandcloth said ... (4:00 PM) : 

wow she is quite stunning. i love seeing stylish mothers.

stoneandcloth.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Sunniva said ... (4:03 PM) : 

This looks like a photo that could have been taken yesterday, rather than in the 70's. Your mothers style is fab! And you look like the cutest little boy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Breeches and patterned socked! Most stylish little tyke

 

Blogger Chelsea said ... (4:23 PM) : 

I can see where you got your love for fashion! There's nothing better than mothers that continue to love style even when they have children to take care of, and pass down that love to our future fashionistas. She is a gorgeous woman with an incredible ability to put an outfit together. It's inspiring to see her unique take and the confidence/ability she has. I'm not surprised that even at age 3 style played a role in your life (whether you knew it then or not)!
I absolutely love your blog, keep up the wonderful work!

Feel free to check out my brand new fashion blog
infineform.blogspot.com

Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!

 

Blogger elizabeth said ... (4:25 PM) : 

Have a more recent pic of your mom? Love to see how she rolls today.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Mate I love the indian influence in your jacket, its gold!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:58 PM) : 

fantastic outfit ! the fur coat on the snake-skin jacket looks amazing

http://lecharivari.net

 

Blogger Danny said ... (5:13 PM) : 

The little boy is so cute.

http://bigmouthvintage.com

 

Blogger Daniel Hill said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Wonderful photo! I love the clothes and the direct stare into the camera.

 

Anonymous Katy said ... (5:13 PM) : 

LOVE, with big juicy loveburgers. The seventies were insane in the best possible way.

 

Blogger archer said ... (5:16 PM) : 

haaha classic!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Your mother ooooozzzzes style! So chic. And she dressed you pretty snazzy as well.

I am heading to Paris next month and am so ready for some fashion inspiration. I looked to your Paris pictures to help me prepare what to pack.

Merci!
Elizabeth

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

So many elements of this image are inspiring, not to mention the image as a whole is touching.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Amazing

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (6:20 PM) : 

she has such amazing style

http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Haha. You do!

She looks sensational. Such individuality!

PS. Much admiration all the way from India.

http://republicofchic.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Karen said ... (6:22 PM) : 

This photo is incredible and the story as well. I'm in awe of your mother's sense of style! And yes, you look like the cutest and most stylish little hippie!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Absolutely great! Fantastic photo and styling!

 

Anonymous I am Spanish Fashion Victim said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I love this photo too it is quite glamorous

 

Anonymous window shopper said ... (6:33 PM) : 

you are soooo lucky to have such a great natural looking photo of you and your mum. wonderful! Yes your mum has style.

 

Anonymous imSpanish Fashion Victim said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I love this photo too it is quite glamorous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I am honored to be the first to comment on this photo since it may be one of my favorites EVER. The colors and textures of your mother's clothing and particularly the scarf with the gold border makes it all tie together and light up. You, of course, are the best accessory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

This is the true haute look that all those 'wanna be' reproductions and knock offs only hope to be! STUNNING--and adorable as well.

 

Blogger Samantha Hutchinson said ... (7:49 PM) : 

amazing!

 

Blogger Eilish said ... (8:02 PM) : 

She is beautiful. Her style is beyond words. I love it !



http://faialofa.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger See Your Style said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Amazing, timeless style.

http://seeyourstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:34 PM) : 

This is stunning.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (9:40 PM) : 

I would love to see this photo recreated as they are today - I'm sure both are still equally chic!

 

Blogger kathrynnova said ... (9:40 PM) : 

i'm really quite in love with this photo!

short on words today.

this woman is absolutely captivating.

worldrunway.blogspot.com

 

Blogger CHLOE and JESSICA said ... (10:04 PM) : 

this is amazing!

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

 

Blogger Madame en noire said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Love love love!


www.lipsandpoppies.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

WHOAH!!! This was taken almost 40 years ago??? I thought this was taken sometime this year :)

 

Anonymous jojo said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Love love love this!

 

Blogger Kim said ... (11:19 PM) : 

I just found your blog thru Enhabiten. The photo of you and your mother intrigued me and I am so glad I found your blog. I love vintage photos and I agree..it just doesn't look that way now! Such style there was in the past. Your grandparents reek with elegance...that is so apparent! I will be back. Kim

 

Blogger Lee Oliveira said ... (12:06 AM) : 

She looks very stylish!
but i found a little bit too much..

LOx

 

Anonymous kateaddict said ... (1:23 AM) : 

I want to meet your mom!

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Interesting outfit! Love it.

http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (2:20 AM) : 

I just love all these vintage pictures .... great to see how fashion today picked up the best things from the past !

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (3:28 AM) : 

attention moms: a kid may be the best fashion accessory :)

but seriously this photo is tremendous. there is so much richness in it. plus i've never seen a cuter hippie ever.

i agree with a lot of the posters, an update of how the people in pictures look now will be interesting but i don't think wholly necessary.

 

Blogger International Citizen [i.CTZN} said ... (4:08 AM) : 

love the style!!! your mom is stunning and you, are addorable, already showing the sign of style at a young age :)
all the best
Sheena
http://sheenagao.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger The Pilgrim said ... (4:49 AM) : 

OMG... thank you so much for posting it!!!! (yes folks, this is me when I was a cute blonde baby)! And all the nice comments... thanks. n_n

 

Anonymous maryb said ... (4:54 AM) : 

Fantastic photo - love it..

 

Blogger Holly said ... (5:02 AM) : 

I love this photo!!! Do I relate to what she is wearing...brings back MY youthful memories!

 

Blogger Whatwouldkarldo.com said ... (6:14 AM) : 

I love the individual style this image shows, mums can still posess amazing fashion with little ones to look after!

 

Blogger Di said ... (7:08 AM) : 

Congrats Alejandro and Willy!

And now, I want to see a present photo of both of you here :)

 

Anonymous gih said ... (7:14 AM) : 

That kid was cute. Cool photo.

 

Anonymous louis vuitton replica handbags said ... (9:35 AM) : 

i really really love your outfit, and style, i love your dress !

 

Blogger Siblings said ... (9:43 AM) : 

old photos are the best!

 

Blogger Alexandria ♥ said ... (11:35 AM) : 

dear A.
You are blessed to have lived in a big city.
It is not so easy to carry off this look in a small town:)

 

Anonymous thegoldenmist said ... (11:35 AM) : 

so strong, so epic.

I should upload some photos of my mother too, she`s a real beauty and star. While others wore the 90`s fashion catastrophy, she put on a huge men`s suit, turkish trousers and looked fantastic.

http://thegoldenmist.blogspot.com/

(just started)

 

Anonymous Charlotte said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Completely endearing. I also would love to see what you both look like today.

 

Blogger Vargas said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Totally groovin', absolutely mind blowing, and, as Frankie would day, swingin'! I love this shot!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Her look is timeless, I love it.

 

Anonymous misshill said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Amazing photo - both of the outfits are gorgeous. It would have been really, really difficult to define the year if you wouldn't had revealed it. I have to admit I'm quite jealous of that fashion sense.

 

Anonymous The Beso Team said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing an amazing photo. You both look so stylish than and today. Your blog is wonderful and I look forward to reading your daily posts.
Dana

 

Anonymous Helena said ... (3:24 PM) : 

This is an amazing photo. What a beautiful lady and a very, very cute child! Totally gorgeous!

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Yep, the 70s are my favorite era and this pic illustrates that perfect bohemian/hippie fashion of seemingly unrelated items mixing well. I think American culture was reflective of the fashion times or vice versa.

 

Anonymous ladybug said ... (3:35 PM) : 

wow, thank you all for such wonderful compliments, it makes one feel good and yes Alejandro was the cutest baby ever and still is, indeed we have to put a picture of us today, that would be interesting but it will have to wait till he comes to visit me in Oregon this summer, he looks now better than ever and me ...well, I still have my style because that lasts forever, we'll see but thank you again for your kind words, Willy

 

Blogger willy van Rooy said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Wow, thank you all so much for taking the timer to comment on this picture. It was taken on an ordinairy day by Salvador Maron,( a snapshot) my painter artist husband and father of Alejandro who was indeed the cutest baby, so smart and always making incredible drawings. It warms the heart to hear all your wonderful comments and it indeed would be great to make a picture like that again now but will have to wait Alejandro comes to visit us in Oregon this summer and although I may not be that pretty anymore I still have my style because that is forever and as far as Alejandro is concerned he became a man with lots and lots of style and looks better then ever. Love and Peace to all and everyone and make sure that inside you look better than on the outside. Willy

 

Blogger storsolen said ... (5:15 PM) : 

I was totally blown away when I saw this picture. The atmosphere that is surrounding this picture is magnificent and I totally adore it. The colors, the style and those two are perfect and completes the picture. Beautiful

 

Blogger Kate said ... (6:45 PM) : 

This is an amazing amazing photo! Your mother certainly has an individual style she looks amazing! Not to mention the cute hippie by her side!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

What a fabulous photo. Definitely one of my vintage favourites.

Although Willy is wearing many bold pieces they mix together SO WELL. And its so wondering to see that she is wearing the outfit not the outfit wearing her.

LOVE IT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

LOVE!!! Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Lorraine said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Now that's real style, expressing herself!

 

Blogger Leah said ... (10:32 PM) : 

wow, this is by far my favorite vintage photo. It truly shows your mother's impeccable style. Oh, if I could dress like her!!!

Amazing pic!

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (11:28 PM) : 

@ willy & alenjandro
looks like both of you are just as stylish then as now

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Gweneth Paltrow in The Royal Tenenbaums

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

adore this photo, it's just wonderful. Thank you for sharing, your mother (and you) is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Sara Bentley said ... (5:34 AM) : 

This photo is stunning!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (6:53 AM) : 

Interesting Photo.Don't forget the little Daniel Boone.You were also perfect,Alejandro.

 

Blogger inclassy said ... (9:31 AM) : 

such an amazing look!j'adore!!!!!

 

Anonymous Mariona said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I've told you many times, the clothing itself is irrelevant, however, some people have the innate ability to maximize insignificant parts. Everything about them is simple, especially at a time, his attitude, his gestures, his style ... she certainly has it.
A wonderful picture, moments to remember, thanks for sharing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Very noir-ish...Looks like a still from a Hollywood movie...where is Redford at? His better half and child await him for the rest of the scene to finish...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:10 PM) : 

STUNNING PICTURE ALEJANDRO!!!

Also proud to have a hippie chic mom, they have a particular sense of fashion which made a mark on our kids.

Peace & Love from Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, Patrimonio Histórico y Cultural de la Humanidad.

 

Blogger i.c. blogspot said ... (1:59 PM) : 

At first glance I didn't even realize that this was a vintage photo, it could easily be mistaken for a women today.

This photo is divine. I love every quality, emotion and style this photo evokes straight down to the mother and child's clothing, their interaction with one another and their location and the architecture of the doorway.

Great great great!!!

xx

 

Blogger olen said ... (5:48 PM) : 

OMG you're totally cheating. Your mother was a supermodel!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

There is so much to see in this pic. Love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:07 AM) : 

that's a wicked picture

 

Anonymous Stella Koureli said ... (5:57 AM) : 

It's a poetic photo. I assume that she knew well how to live and share her life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Perfetto !! I moved from Holland to Paris around the same time. I am a bit older... Nostalgic...

 

Anonymous Deborah said ... (11:13 AM) : 

You look absolutely adorable and your mother is stunning!

 

Blogger MuseElle said ... (4:25 PM) : 

THAT'S A WOMAN WITH STYLE.

Not a conformist to what everyone else is wearing and a sense of individualism. Thanks for the inspiration!

MuseElle
http://museelle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:45 PM) : 

she is stunning. lovely submission.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Thats a treasure of a picture!

guccilily.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Oh my Dior! said ... (11:57 PM) : 

Alejandro,
this photo really make a difference in my life, wow!! it's all I can say, I'm so happy to see stylish people with talent do exist!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

 

Blogger Just me and my bon genre! said ... (5:18 AM) : 

Looks like a photo from a fashion spread! Mum's got Killer Cheekbones with a crazy outfit! Love what Alejandro is wearing (Ale-ale-Jandro singing to GAGA right now). Arn't you a lucky boy.. getting styled like that at a young age. No awkward photos to hide!

visit my blog..
fashionforsaturdaybrunch.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous ladybug said ... (3:43 PM) : 

For the fun I will tell you all what we were wearing as I remember well, the furcoat I hade made in London a few years earlier but since I wore it a lot and often used it as a blanket, it was a bit worn so I put a new beautiful black lining and wore it inside out. The snakeskin vest I had made in Ibiza from leather I had left from making leather clothes in NY, the skirt I bought in Kashmir (India) which was actually from the 30's when the Englih were there and they made with their folkart clothes for the English, it is hand embrodered. The scarf comes from Ivory coast were I was for a Photo shoot. The boots are spanish and the bag ofcourse from Ibiza. Alejandro is wearing an outfit I made for him in Ibiza and he also wears spanish boots.... Voila, there you have it. Love and Peace

 

Anonymous ladybug said ... (3:45 PM) : 

sorry Alejandro is not wearing his boots but some incredible socks ha ha

 

Blogger J. M. said ... (4:02 AM) : 

What a superb picture, visually beautiful, you must be so proud of your lovely mother she looks so great and elegant and individual, and you look cute too.

 

Blogger J. M. said ... (4:09 AM) : 

Dear Ladybug, I admire your creativity, to think that your coat was made by you and then transformed again is an inspiration to all sewing enthusiasts, It looks amazing what you wore then still looks good today a classic look no doubt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Loved this pic at the very instant I saw it.... so great!

 

Anonymous märta sweden said ... (9:51 AM) : 

i want to be that child

 

Blogger Richard said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Wow:
Alejandro en The Sartorialist. Me encanta esta foto.

 

Anonymous honeybeeandme said ... (11:55 AM) : 

CAN YOU IMAGINE HAVING A MOTHER THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT??????
ALEJANDRO DO YOU LOVE HER???
WAS SHE ADORING OF YOU???
SHE DID THINK A LOT ABOUT HOW SHE WANTED TO LOOK AND HOW SHE WANTED YOU TO LOOK???


XXOO
MELISSA

 

Blogger Ingrid Holm / The Showmanship said ... (4:14 PM) : 

this is amazing!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

and we have a winner!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 PM) : 

That is AMAZING
Don

 

Blogger keren B said ... (7:07 PM) : 

That s what we call STYLE!

 

Blogger Conversely Visible said ... (5:42 AM) : 

This picture is fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Amazing.

 

Blogger Geisslein said ... (3:27 AM) : 

I have fallen in love today...with this cute picture! really amazing...Greetings from rainy germany, geisslein

 

Blogger The Swank Bank said ... (1:52 PM) : 

When I first saw this picture I had to pause for a second a figure out if it was vintage or from today!

 

Anonymous Tiffany said ... (7:24 PM) : 

I love this pic! The word "freedom" describes it best.
Check your credit

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (12:52 AM) : 

This is one of my all time fave shots from this blog--even though its vintage it could be today. I have always loved boheme 70s looks and I am glad many others do too, ensuring it will always be in vogue in its many individually reinvented forms.

 

Blogger The Mini Satorialist said ... (4:14 PM) : 

I was scrolling down the page when I stopped, scrolled back up and gazed in wonder at this amazing photo that had caught my eye. Look at how amazingly beautiful she is; and her fashion sense is complimenting her figure immensely. I applaud this lady and her photographer.

 

Anonymous Justyna said ... (5:59 PM) : 

adorable, charming, sophisticated

 

Blogger chauss said ... (11:16 PM) : 

this pix is fabulous! mom and son look look uber chic. :))))
chauss

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

beautiful !!!

 

Anonymous Muse Play said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Wow, such a phenomenal photograph. Your mother's style is so fabulously ecclectic, and while there is a vintage feel, she could walk right out of the picture and down the street today. And your style is certainly noteworty as well ;) Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger b said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I hardly comment on your blog and you probably won't have time to read anyway but I just wanna say your mum is so beautiful. She has such a great style. I totally love the photo and you look so cute...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 AM) : 

LOVE THIS!

 

Anonymous kknahass said ... (3:58 PM) : 

so cute and with impeccable style. with great expression!

 

Blogger Yoli said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Alejandro she is beautiful, what flair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

lindos!!

 

Blogger wiley woman said ... (7:13 PM) : 

well that sure does explain a lot.
fabulous. the real deal.

 

Blogger Oley said ... (11:53 AM) : 

wow. quite stunning.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting