This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Belted Shorts, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the Street....Belted Shorts, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Belted Shorts, Paris"

 

Anonymous Michele said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I'm loving the round sunglasses! It's nice to see a change from the wayfarer styles that have been around for the last few seasons.

 

Blogger Nadine2point0 said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I just posted about tucking in clothing. He looks great here!

 

Anonymous v9z said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Those beautiful glasses again :)
Nice marinière. He a model?

 

Blogger CLAUDIA C. said ... (10:01 AM) : 

So cool !!!!!

http://audreyismyfavourite.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous SLD said ... (10:04 AM) : 

I know I personally CANNOT pull off this look, but oh my, this man surely can. So breathtaking!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Oh wow. He is so suave! Like he stepped out of a ralph lauren catalogue! Love it.

 

Blogger Madame en noire said ... (10:22 AM) : 

BEAUTIFUL!!


www.lipsandpoppies.blogspot.com

 

Blogger carrieitly said ... (10:26 AM) : 

What F. Scott Fitzgerald did he step out of??

Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Gina said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I'd like to steal this ensemble, right down to the sunglasses, and I'm a woman. He looks fantastic!

 

Anonymous Becca said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I'm a little split on this look. I think it's a beautiful photograph, but I think I'd prefer the belt a bit more subdued. I do love men in tucked in looks!

Becca

 

Anonymous Red Red Rose said ... (10:37 AM) : 

He looks great! As if he was stuck in time from the beginning of the century and just woke up trendy as hell! Love it ; )

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Oh I love this look on a man!
Striped, boatnecked, longsleeved t-shirt and high-waisted slacks (long or short). Casual but so goodlooking. The shades are just perfect to it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I like his style, especially the color combination of the stripy longsleeve and the shorts.He can wear this pair of shorts with a high waisted line, but I am sure it does not fit everybody.

 

Blogger La Clochard said ... (10:49 AM) : 

and what about the glasses??

the clothes look natural on him even if he is wearing in women trends

kisses :)

 

Blogger Arantxa y Roberto said ... (10:51 AM) : 

we love this pants....!!!

www.lookaroundthelook.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

so incredibly classy. love it!

 

Blogger Stela ALVES said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I love the glasses.
Stela Alves
www.streetstylebystela.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I admire his courage to wear this outfit. Very neatly put together-- I can't help thinking though that those clothes would look much better on a woman!

 

Blogger Fazal deen said ... (11:05 AM) : 

God,
I had those shorts 30 years ago~

 

Blogger Contact said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Qu'il est beau!

 

Blogger SheanStrong said ... (11:09 AM) : 

where can i get those short…
seriously.
a high waist short for men… who'dathought


plus i've always been a fan of a long sleeve shirt with an above the knee pant...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

I remember buying a sailor shirt like that in Kensington Market in 1987, wore it a lot, even backpacking in India, honestly can't remember why I threw it away.

Wish i had kept it now that the 80s is back...


They are a classic and if one can pull them off can look very masculine - not sure if I ever did though - this guy almost does; not quite sure if he absolutly gets it right; the shorts are a little too fussy which makes him look a little "Querelle" - although that might be the look he is looking to achieve...

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:15 AM) : 

i remember when double-belted shorts similar to these were widely available in vintage/surplus stores in nyc, such as unique clothing and reminiscence. they wore like iron and were affordable. options like that don't exist today.

 

Blogger Yoli said ... (11:21 AM) : 

It is not working for him even though he is a handsome man.

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I like this shorts, nice and elegants

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

That's Kimball Hastings. He works for Ralph Lauren.

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (11:31 AM) : 

oh god, he takes my breath away.........
this is perfection.

 

Blogger EN said ... (11:31 AM) : 

fabulous shorts!


Flickering Moonlight

 

Blogger the coolbirth kid said ... (11:34 AM) : 

carrieitly,
so funny you should invoke fitzgerald here,
as soon as i saw this young man,
i instantly thought of gerald c. murphy,
who had been the main influence for dick diver,
of "tender is the night."

what great everything!
what a really great jersey,
(i wonder where he got it),
and what a wonderful image to evoke,
of a wonderful man and (that murphy) lifestyle.

living well really is the best revenge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

did he wear his g/f's shorts? so funny

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

As a woman, I am jealous of that waistline!!! What a completely androgynous and cool outfit...

 

Blogger anthony said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Stunner. Repeat: stunner :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Fazal is correct, I had those shorts in the 80's myself, purchasing them on Melrose in L.A. in it's early days as a shopping mecca. They were, i believe, British Army Surplus. The look wonderful here as does this entire ensemble. I also agree there is a sense of Scott Fitgerald about the look. I hope you show us more of him in future. Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Please tell me he was wearing espadrilles with long laces.

 

Blogger Sara Szatmary said ... (11:52 AM) : 

So sleek. I love that this look as androgynous- it would look equally stunning on a woman. Great photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I had a pair of these shorts a long time ago too and I loved them. They look good with the striped tee, and I always love a boatneck. I think it works well. Where do you get the sunglasses?

 

Blogger therawpower said ... (11:57 AM) : 

HE look great, love the colour combination, and the round glasses !!!
I really really like your streetstyle blog !!
keep it up !!

I have recently started my own blog, drop by and feel free to leave some message.

www.therawpower.blogspot.com

xo

Esther

 

Blogger Miguel Ignacio said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Love the top side ogf those shorts... perfectly cut and fitted.

This guy nailed it using that sweater and continuing the lines sequence with the short belt.

www.miposteo.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Belicious said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Love the look!

 

Anonymous Laurent said ... (12:14 PM) : 

British army Khaki shorts. Worn also by Indian army, police. Uniform for Bermuda police. I got a pair in Bermuda when I was 14 and wore them forever. One of my sons found them and I haven't seen them since! Maybe once offered in J.Peterman! Nice look. I see their is a big return of round, classic specs, nice.

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Interesting waist band. Love the optics.

jimjims.net/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

I like the buckles on the shorts, it's just a nice design touch that gives the look added flair.

 

Blogger everyday a floor show said ... (12:43 PM) : 

shades of the original banana republic on polk street!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

I love sunglasses like this guy has! I've got round sunglasses with mirrow glass and transparent frame. And I from them in delight!

 

Blogger Peter said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I love everything about this guy! Really wish there was a picture of him wearing those glasses!


http://grumpyguypete.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Lee said ... (1:01 PM) : 

What an awe-inspiring look, what a handsome man. Wow! I'm deeply impressed. Too bad I didn't meet him when I was in Paris.

 

Anonymous Eileen said ... (1:09 PM) : 

there is a tomboy/feminine look here. and a tad retro. it's the way I (a female) used to dress in the late 80s .

 

Blogger Chris Wolfgang said ... (1:09 PM) : 

could not get away with that look in America today. nope.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Beautiful outfit! I love the color of the shorts with the striped top.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Bombay bloomers!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Blast from the past. So refreshing and simple, but elegant and elevated. What Summer SHOULD look like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

He wears his hear very classic, very chic!
But men shouldn´t show their legs after the age of ten! There are few rules that are more worth not to be broken.

 

Blogger nemee said ... (1:31 PM) : 

love it ! i love that the colours of the stripes match the shorts . the cinched waist is great , and the sunglasses are perfect . he looks incredibly handsome .

artsysunday.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Artemisia said ... (1:31 PM) : 

The clothes are lovely and
yes flattering but on this fellow, it all feels contrived. Do not know why, just a feeling. And yes, I to recognized that he Kimball Hastings formerly of Teen Vogue now with Ralph Lauren. Gee! For a woman who is from and still lives in Ottawa, Canada, I sure do know my fashion gossip!! Thx, Artemisia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

so very 80's! I am having a Pines flashback!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Very funny to contrast this photo with the one of the man with the saggy pants below.

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Love this shot! He's an informal model.

 

Blogger Zuzia said ... (2:43 PM) : 

i love his look! awesome shorts and sunglasses.

the-red-zebra.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Maya said ... (2:49 PM) : 

that's perfect.

 

Blogger Miss Nutmeg said ... (2:52 PM) : 

this shot is so timeless, love it.
www.indigopeacock.com

 

Anonymous kelli said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Impeccable look- from the striped shirt, high waist shorts to the cool shades.

 

Blogger Ro said ... (2:58 PM) : 

serenity

 

Anonymous Curtis Langford said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Everything about this is awesome...not everyone can wear,but the individuals who decide too will look amazing in this look.

 

Anonymous Isaac Norris said ... (3:11 PM) : 

I WANT THOSE SUNGLASSES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Kimball Hastings, no?

 

Blogger kara lynn said ... (3:34 PM) : 

i could never imagine this ensemble, but seeing it, it works amazingly!

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (3:51 PM) : 

he wears those shorts too well! and ya i totally need those sunnies!!

 

Blogger the Stains of Fashion said ... (4:17 PM) : 

great style, but im not reallt sure weather i like it or not when men tucks in thier shirts. either way, i like it anyway. And those glasses! soo cool

http://thestainsoffashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Susan said ... (4:18 PM) : 

I like the look but I have some mix feeling for it. The look as a whole looks good all together.. but something about it... hmmm nice glasses though!

 

Blogger Heaba said ... (4:20 PM) : 

What a stud!
I really admire this outfit. Every guy should dress like this - I'd be impressed.

 

Anonymous m.edwin said ... (4:35 PM) : 

nice! cary grant on a comeback. i'm a big fan of the beige/umber stripes.

 

Anonymous christopher said ... (4:36 PM) : 

paris, je t'aime!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Like the clothes and sunglasses, but the coif is a little too Ken doll or Hymie the Robot (from the old Get Smart series.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

This guy needs to give a bit of advice to the yahoo who's losing his pants (two posts down...)

Inspirational!

 

Blogger FindingFashionland said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Short+sunglasses are lovely! Armani did a amaizing thing with the round models last season.

findingfashionland.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 PM) : 

gurka shorts - yes!
round shades - yes!
boat neck shirt - yes!

Totally classic, totally works on him. Great look. Great photo. Should I say it again? Ok, GREAT BLOG!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 PM) : 

gurka shorts - yes!
round shades - yes!
boat neck shirt - yes!

Totally classic, totally works on him. Great look. Great photo. Should I say it again? Ok, GREAT BLOG!!!

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Who would have thought... Waisted can look great on men, too.

 

Blogger willi float said ... (5:21 PM) : 

whoa love the colors. hair, pants, stripes, skin, everything




theballonrouge

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Am I the only one put off by how femme he looks? Just not appealing.

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (5:27 PM) : 

Sunglasses are the BEST.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Nadia said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Everything about this image is so beautiful. I love the unexpected colour of the stripes on his shirt and his sunglasses. He has great poise.

http://stringmagazine.ca/

 

Blogger Román Iglesias said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I LOve those, yes i do
and glasses too

http://coolneeded.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous John Wesley said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Double self-belt shorts:
This exact style can be seen in an old fashion illustration from Esquire, ca 1937.
--JW

 

Anonymous Sergio said ... (5:48 PM) : 

I like the shorts. But I'm entirely fed up with stripes this summer! There's been such a 'breton' fever since April that they don't look good anymore... They've been completely overdone - by shops, buyers and blogs!

 

Blogger Fazal deen said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I did get them in LA- Army & Navy~
i wore them to death!

 

Anonymous LoveLily said ... (7:27 PM) : 

What a beautiful man. So stylish.

 

Blogger Kaatje said ... (8:17 PM) : 

Great look! Love the shorts.
Stripes are timeless and stylish.

 

Blogger Notes From ABroad said ... (8:20 PM) : 

I really like the shorts.
I like the stripes still, because we are in the middle of winter and my stripe days are ahead of me :)
I am extra happy to see that his glasses are almost exactly like my old Armanis with the mirrored lenses and round frames.. They are just waiting in their case for me to wear them. Should I wait or do it now ? :)

 

Blogger Jane See said ... (8:42 PM) : 

That look is so androgynous! I feel like I can wear that, and I'm a girl.
http://www.themadjungle.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Máriel said ... (9:47 PM) : 

Wow love his look, very polished and perfectly unisex, I could totally see myself wearing that outfit rolling the shorts hem!

 

Anonymous My Roman Apartment said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Khaki Drill 1949 shorts! Oh, how I love these, (even though they don't have any back pockets).

The subject is a cutie, but my 67 year old mother wears pretty much the exact same outfit everyday--including the round sunglasses. If he's also wearing lace up espadrilles with the little wedge heel like Salvador Dali, then I'll know for sure that he's been shopping in mom's closet.

 

Blogger Jenna Robert said ... (11:58 PM) : 

I love these. The length is superb!

 

Anonymous Fiona said ... (1:01 AM) : 

I just love the outfit, especially the belted shorts. Very simple, yet very impressive.

 

Blogger Composite Art & Design said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Nice shorts with the doubled belts...but too high-waisted i find and accentuate too much of the waist....prefer it to be more low-waisted.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

What's up Z Cavaricci? We're grabbing a slice and heading over to Chess King and then maybe we'll play some Double Dragon at the arcade.

 

Blogger Holly said ... (2:46 AM) : 

I absolutely LOVE this look!!!!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (2:52 AM) : 

vintage self-belted shorts are THE shorts to own.

 

Anonymous Lisa said ... (3:51 AM) : 

I had shorts exactly like these in the 80's and I loved them! I had completely forgotten about them. I also had a top just like this one only opposite in color (black with white stripes). Used to wear them together too. Pretty crazy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 AM) : 

The best bit is definately his forearms-look at the gorgeous skin and veins.

 

Blogger Misanthropic Pulp said ... (4:36 AM) : 

This is almost too French, but I am most definitely in love with the look.
great glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

The colour combo is nice and the look is classic, very classic if you were raised in the Bahamas and saw these everywhere but pleated shorts and a high waist only look decent on a very slender man and even then can look rather too stiff.

 

Anonymous monkeyeve said ... (4:58 AM) : 

Les parisiens, je les aime!

 

Blogger ... said ... (5:07 AM) : 

he has such great style!

http://loresfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (5:38 AM) : 

I am in love with his hight waisted shorts and round glasses.
LOx

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (5:44 AM) : 

He has a vintage style and he reminds me a man from the Fourties!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Blogger Monsieur Boivin said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Very cool and relax outfit. The glasses look great too.

 

Blogger arkitekton said ... (6:51 AM) : 

Fantastic color combinations. The glasses...cool!!

http://urarchitecture.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger M O Z A said ... (7:15 AM) : 

High wasted shorts PERFECT

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (7:22 AM) : 

Such a nice breath of freshness as opposed to the saggy, below -the-butt look three posts ago.

 

Blogger ML said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Am very taken by the palette and the silhouette but...

did he wax his arm hair?!?

 

Blogger beths said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Oh, I had those in the late '80s and they were so flattering. I'd wear them today in the U.S. so there! I'm old but still have a waistline and good legs.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful...great look and fabulous hairstyle!!

PS I loved the photos from Italy a few weeks ago, such great style, especially the older gentlemen.

Happy Week-end!

 

Anonymous OKASHOW said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Chloë Sevigny feeling for men.
So nice.

 

Blogger Barbara von Enger said ... (9:54 AM) : 

My kind of fellow. So masculine/feminine, too;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Oh how funny, I'm another person posting who wore this exact outfit in the 80s, got my bombay bloomers and russian submariner shirt from a disposal store...and I think...I still have them...WOOHOO!

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Love this look, as classic as you can possibly get. Great sunglasses. Very Parisian!

 

Anonymous ralukitsa said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Wooow ... inspiring ... it has a 1920 vibe to it, doesn't it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Oh my holy cow!
He has 100% style!
I love this look!
The stripes gently match the tone of his shorts
And the sleek hair looks very smooth with the high waisted look!
I won't even comment on the shades.. because I want them!
*claps hard*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Too bland...the outfit is missing something...the colors aren't right?

 

Anonymous Laurent said ... (2:49 PM) : 

With reference to Anon., above, I an afraid I agree about men and shorts-certainly not baggy cargoes- over a certain age (and over a certain weight)and body type. Reference the crowd on a golf match on TV. Generally just doesn't work, in my opinion. Perhaps the Sart. can present a little treatise on the subject?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:58 PM) : 

he has a vintage vibe, definitely, but it's in his face as much as it is his clothes and his sunglasses. wonderful shot.
-justine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Ghurka shorts...been trying to find some myself. Love the fit of those.

 

Anonymous rouge said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Oh, absolutely.
The colour is perfect.
The glasses are perfect.
And it doesn't hurt that he is so naturally beautiful. Like a cat. He'd probably look fantastic in a hessian sack, but he looks better in this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

yummy :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

When men's clothes come back into style, such as this ensemble from the 1980s, it makes it even more difficult for me to throw out old clothes!

 

Blogger Stephen said ... (3:42 AM) : 

You think the belted shorts are amazing, then you see the glasses and the outfit looks better ten-fold. Shorts like that require killer pins. Lucky for him.

-Stephen www.stitchesfabricandsoul.com

 

Anonymous Annelie said ... (5:09 AM) : 

Very Coco

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 AM) : 

That guy is amazing! Classical beauty with a nice classical outfit! I love.

 

Blogger Eilish said ... (7:51 AM) : 

now that is stunning. real classy and stylish !


http://faialofa.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I have 2 pairs of round sun glasses and 2 pairs of prescribed glasses. Not many people wear round glasses in Australia. I hope they will catch up soon.

Love that shorts. if a guy wear those shorts in Australia, they think that you are gay. I think that I can get away because I am :)

 

Anonymous Alex Drake said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Very cool and smooth. The belt, the tucked in top, the rounded glasses..

 

Anonymous BYNICK said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Makes you want to live in Paris!

 

Anonymous itsgoodtobepham said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Love the relax look of this outfit. Absolutly in love with the shorts!

-Stephen Pham
http://itsgoodtobepham.wordpress.com

 

Blogger J.Ro said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Proof once more, we will never be as cool as Parisians.

www.jasonromaine.com

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (6:15 PM) : 

When I see a man in the U.S. whose style is so carefully thought out, I automatically assume that he is "on the other team", if you know what I mean (notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat). I'm not sure what to assume about men in France.

 

Anonymous cee said ... (9:47 PM) : 

love the belted shorts but what I really love is the rounded glasses; such a beautiful accessory.

http://chaoticdesolation.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous expresswhatyoufeel said ... (2:15 AM) : 

love all about this outfit..my god

 

Anonymous staysuperfit said ... (2:16 AM) : 

so adorable shots..love his outfit too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

Is the shorts Italian Army???

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (8:10 AM) : 

@SallyO (6:15 PM) -

What's wrong with U.S. men having "carefully thought out style"? And whether he's on this team, that team, or the other team is not relevant.

 

Blogger Piekfein. said ... (10:24 AM) : 

wow, i love the sunglasses!
http://piekfein.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger KC said ... (10:56 AM) : 

great style... love the shorts and his glasses. he is handsome.

http://nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Jazzbuff630: If I find him attractive, it's entirely relevant! Duh!

 

Blogger Amy Golden said ... (11:51 PM) : 

God, I wish my boyfriend would just once look this put together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

sublime style. and i don't even care about fashion, particularly men's fashion. i just like it. the haircut is fantastic.

 

Anonymous Mr. McGinnis said ... (12:25 PM) : 

So Chess King has come back into business?

 

Blogger ólöf said ... (1:05 PM) : 

nice:)

 

Anonymous Voon said ... (2:17 PM) : 

* sigh * this photograph is so exciting

the way his hair is combed is so sleek and clean

his classic good looks will make anyone swoon

the contrast of his tan against the brown striped shirt works beautifully with how well he tucked them into those divine double-belted high-waisted shorts...and folded 1930s sunglasses in hand......

with the gorgeous backdrop of the beautiful trees and the Seine River to boot....


when a picture makes you want to be the person, or know the person and try to emulate the person's fashion choices/style..... and be in their shoes, or try to transport yourself there....is there anything more you can ask for?

THANK YOU for this amazing shot!!!

 

Blogger BobKentNoVa said ... (9:36 PM) : 

I bought a pair of Ghurka shorts back in the late 80's. I wore them out. I wouldn't buy another pair now though. One go-around with these shorts was enough for me.

I did buy a horizontal sailor stripe shirt this season though. It gets a lot of feedback, most positive.

 

Anonymous Tiffany said ... (9:47 PM) : 

I love this styl of shorts! What brand are they?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

sun. glasses.

and the veins in his hand/arms

 

Anonymous Karin said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I'd love to see him wearing the glasses! Great outfit, but it only works on slim men I think (also the tucked-in shirt)

 

Anonymous Mary SP said ... (12:47 AM) : 

Giorgio Armani, please, change Kaka to this guy !!! Great style !!! What a hair !!!

 

Blogger rlmtheii said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Where are these shorts from? I need them!

 

Blogger bertrandrussell said ... (2:25 PM) : 

This is what I would wear!

 

Blogger Under Urooba's Umbrella! said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Man oh man, this man is handsome.

 

Blogger She Wore It Well said ... (7:51 AM) : 

Stripes on a man? I like!

 

Anonymous Jupiter said ... (2:52 PM) : 

One can get these kind of shorts on Ebay. Check for Brit or Aussie shorts period WW II or 50ties. But beware they have a high rise waist and button fly. But that's what real men look best in. And yes they last forever.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:28 PM) : 

ooh!! i'm not gonna lie, I Really like this look!
I love your blog! definitely one of my biggest inspirations! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 AM) : 

I have these sunglasses !! they are SUNETTES !!! I' ve buy them at @ liberty london !

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (4:36 PM) : 

So clean and sharp! Those shorts are amazing

 

Anonymous Igor Beloved said ... (6:38 AM) : 

I love the colors! Soft and clean.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

I'd love to have his shorts!

 

Blogger Lorenz said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Whoa. High-waisted shorts for guys. Now that's something! AWESOME :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

K.H. is just beautiful...I turn to stone around him, so I guess my secret crush will forever just remain a secret crush...who cares about what he's wearing anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

he is beautifull
i love everything in his outfit

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:57 PM) : 

I don't see many comments against a particular look so I thought I post mine. I think the belted shorts exaggerate his hips and make the look too feminine.

 

Blogger meganmeenan said ... (8:08 PM) : 

i love these round glasses and love the shorts. i just love him i think

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger SCRTLYVT ▼△ said ... (7:50 PM) : 

Wowzah, he knows how to dress!

 

Blogger cookie said ... (11:18 AM) : 

those shorts are vintage military shorts, european. i was the head buyer for a company that ralph lauren buys a lot of vintage from every season. i remember these shorts. it is possible that these are a remake of those originals, but they could be the original. those buckles are aluminium, i believe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

i actually wore something like this before. and i'm a woman:

http://abitteabitte.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous keeiff said ... (5:09 PM) : 

name one place in the world where this fella wouldn't get a kicking if he went out. or stayed in. terrible.

 

Blogger rei said ... (1:47 AM) : 

i also like the round frame eyeglasses

 

Anonymous Cesare Marin said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Great Gurkha shorts, love the round sunglasses

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting