This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Cardigan, Madrid

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Cardigan, Madrid

As holiday season approaches, gift giving is on most peoples mind. So ladies, if you want to buy one item that will dramatically affect the look of your man then buy him a cardigan.
As you can see from this shot, this gentleman would look great with just the shirt and jacket. However, he looks so much more refined (while maintaining a casual feel) by adding the cardigan.

The cardigan can also be very slimming. It eliminates that hard visual line where the shirt meets the pants and reigns in the visual paunch of a shirt that blouses out too much at the waist.

I was thinking about doing a set of "gift giving" posts. Little gifts that have a huge impact on a man's look. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself because a good cardigan would be at the top of my list.

Comments on "The Cardigan, Madrid"

 

Blogger Rosa creativa said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Im loving this!!!!!!
Its on my list

xx
Rosa

My Stylish Little Secret
http://mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Sarah Ann said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Lovely outfit. I'm always trying to get my boyf into a cardi, I think I'll show him this post.......

 

Blogger Anna of The Analog House said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I would love to see a "gift giving" post! And the cardigan looks great. I've always loved the scarf look on a man. Big in Europe, not so much in the US

anna of green gable
http://annaofgreengables.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

the man without the cardigan would simply be freezing :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

very chic :)

i like it

xx ale

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Excellent idea! I have a wonderful husband who's paunchy and has terrible dress sense. A cardigan it will be. What else do you suggest oh wise one?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:40 AM) : 

this is a GREAT look!!! i love the idea of a guy adding a cardigan under a jacket (esp. this jacket). thanks for the tip. now to see if i can get husband to wear it :)

 

Blogger agata said ... (9:41 AM) : 

i totally agree. i love cardigans as they match almost everyting!
i'm in love with this picture.

http://flash-delirium.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger FH said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Elegant !!
Love it !!

http://fannyhillphotographer.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

gift giving posts would be fabulicious.

it would give me more of an idea what to get for my man this year, he's very picky with his wardrobe. Mostly I do ok buying him stuff. but I have made regrettable purchases that fall in the category of 'not very masculine' or 'a little too artistic for me' (yep ..i can always depend on my love to tell me the brutal truth).

 

Blogger Jeff H said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Hint Hint, Garance!

 

Blogger Endless Caverns said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Is this blog for heterosexual men and women only? Or is its proprietor just giving public hints to his "lady" that he wants a cardigan for the "holidays"?

 

Blogger whatever said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I love the cardigans! Good photo:)

http://ohmystrangebird.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Michelle Belle said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Oh my word I LOVE a man in a cardigan! So refined! So adorable! So effortlessly cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I love your idea of the gift giving post. Please do it!!! Every year for Chrismas I have no clue of what to buy for my boyfriend.

Love your blog, I follow you everyday.

Kisses from Spain.
Maite

 

Blogger V.V. said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Me Encanta!

v.v.
http://fashiondoseblog.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous l'habitué said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Totally agree. The cardigan adds so much interest to a man's outfit while maintaining a casual, relaxed feel. Great choice!

http://lhabitue.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Yes please - gift suggestions very welcome. Especially accessories for men.

 

Blogger WE INSPIRE US said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I agree the cardigan creates a better shape and adds something unique =)

like it!

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (10:02 AM) : 

My handsome man is always looking for ways to refine his look. A cardigan is perfect.

besos,
Victoria
http://diva-in-distress.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I cannot have enough cardigans.

 

Anonymous rasanio said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Cardigan or sweater vest? I only see the shirt sleeve sticking out of the arm hole. Unless he has the cardigan's sleeves rolled up...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

cardigans rock.

but for me the real winner in this photo is his jacket...very, very cool.

 

Blogger Sing of Singature Style said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I've grown very fond of this layered look on men, so dapper. I'm on a mission to make my dad wear this soon.

 

Anonymous Lou said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Love the cardigan!

Gift-giving posts are an awesome idea. They'd be a life saver, too - I'm always clueless when it comes to gifts for men in my family & friends.

 

Anonymous Julitas said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Great idea!!! Do not forget to include some for women ;)

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (10:29 AM) : 

my father rocks!! jajaja

 

Anonymous Istanbulboy said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I can't agree more! It's smart but casual, slimming but not restricting. Ideal piece of clothing. Love his beads too. They give him even more of a casual/formal/smart look.

Istanbulboy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

very cool ! and hansome

 

Anonymous Jennifer Planeta said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Yes, yes, please do post a "gift giving" post!

 

Blogger Blond Panther & Louboutin... said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Greaaat! Love it :)


http://deshistoiresdepieds.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Layering with a cardigan is a great choice, looks very class. Wonderful blazer too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I have lately been into clean and simple clothes, i.e. Armani style, but this post has made me head out to the store to pick up a blazer very similar to this I saw the other day. Perfect look and reminds me of home.

 

Anonymous ana said ... (10:46 AM) : 

You're so right about the cardigan. & let me tell you that he really looks spanish.

 

Anonymous classiq said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I like this style on men. Very refined, indeed!

 

Blogger It's All Style To Me said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I actually just posted an article on men's cardigans yesterday. For ideas on styles take a look - http://itsallstyletome.blogspot.com/2010/11/cardigan-reinvented.html

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (10:52 AM) : 

love it!!

 

Blogger Eva said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Oh my... he's so handsome I think I'm gonna die.

 

Anonymous Kristen said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Yes. Men should wear more cardigans.

"Pull over!"
"No, it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!"

:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I'm just a fifteen-year-old girl but I never saw such inspiring and so well dressed people! you're pics are AMAZING!! i think I'm in love ;)
(btw sorry for my bad english, i'm portuguese)

PORTUGAL LOVES YOU <33

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (11:15 AM) : 

this is a great idea, for my dad!!

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (11:20 AM) : 

ya, not much of a cardigan guy, but this makes me want to go nab one. never even thought of this look.

awesome!

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous Victoria said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I couldn't agree more. I've been getting my husband into more cardigans than ever this year. If you want a good cardigan check out the range at huxleyclothing.co.uk, great colours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Oh my god, PLEASE post a gift-giving guide. Potential boyfriend needs some help. I have my own ideas, but you sir, are the master.

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Please do the post! I'd like to find some cool things to add to my two musician-sons' wardrobes. As one of them recently noted when sending an itemized bill for some new glasses: "Being able to hold my head high while walking around NYC: priceless."

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:43 AM) : 

It looks great! I agree that it it can reign in the visual paunch of a shirt very well. This must be a hint for Garance to get you a cardigan! LOL.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I love wearing cardigans to reign in blousy shirts. They function like a belt, almost.

 

Blogger Diana Brito said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Breathtakingly darling...oh, and the cardigan is great too. Happy Thanksgiving Scott.
Salut,
Diana from San Francisco

 

Blogger C said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I Love it!! ^_^

XoXo

 

Anonymous Luke said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I don't love it.

I realize that I'm going against the grain here, but while a cardigan can look classy, in this instance, I think it makes him look LESS suave.

Cardigans are seen as the traditional domain of grandfathers. And that's why young, skinny men can pull them off. Very second degré. Like the uber-chic nerd glasses.

But the older you get, the less ironic it is, and the more you begin to look like a burgeoning grandfather.

On the flip side, had he left the cardigan at home, and unbuttoned another button, he would have achieved a much younger, more virile look.

 

Anonymous pdextr said ... (12:13 PM) : 

A cardigan would be nice...The blazer that guy is wearing would be nicer...

 

Blogger Gerry Snape said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I for one would love a gift giving post for men. What relief...what joy that would be.Please!

 

Anonymous Brannon R. Garrett said ... (12:26 PM) : 

As a vast majority of these comments are posted by females, that as a male who cares FAR too much about what he wears, I will say that Scott has hit the nail on the head with this one.
Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are looking for a gift, specifically something to add to your man's wardrobe, this is it.

My cardigans are my STAPLES. The always add to a look, specifically a layered look, without risking becoming cliche, such as with vests or a thickened look as with an undershirt, especially in the winter.
Also, as I am one of the 'privileged,' young men having the frame of an Hedi Slimane model, (or Jack Skelington...alright. I'll admit: just rail skinny,) it is not just perfect for slimming down a broad male figure, but also for balancing out most every male figure with a classic masculine shape.
Absolutely awesome. Well done Schuman :)

 

Anonymous paul said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I hope that when my wife sees this post she doesn't opt out of the Home Depot gift cardigan.

 

Anonymous Jordan said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Thin knit cardigan under sport coat--very suave. Any cardigan without sport coat--very grandpa.

On the topic of sweaters, why are cable-knit v-neck sweaters for men so hard to find?

An annotated gift list, with the reasons to purchase/wear each item, would be very welcome.

 

Blogger Aissata said ... (12:46 PM) : 

GREAT PHOTO

http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Makaga said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Please do the gift list/suggestions! It'd definitely help a bunch of us this holiday season.

 

Anonymous carole said ... (12:50 PM) : 

that is one gorgeous, well dressed man!

 

Anonymous buckalo said ... (12:51 PM) : 

If you really love him, make it cashmere!!!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (1:06 PM) : 

I adore cardigans.It's confortable,practical and easier to wear (put on and out)when you have long hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

It's actually a vest. And yes, it looks great.

 

Anonymous Charles Kwok said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I can't believe there isn't any comment on his blazer

I think that is the sexiest 'old daddy' style blazer with the traditional pattern but with a vintage perk lapel.....too sick

 

Blogger Bekah said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I, too, love this look on men, bu let's not forget the ladies! A cardigan under a belted trench with a silk scarf at the neck would be fab.

http://prettylittlesnippets.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Dunja said ... (1:15 PM) : 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DO GIVE US LADIES SOME GOOD IDEAS! it's always hard to buy a good and usable present to a guy who dresses extremely well! any pointers will be much appreciated! :)
looking forward to it already!

 

Blogger crowsfeet said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Scott your hint-dropping style is quite direct. An admirable quality, indicative of a man who knows what he wants.
cheers,

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Cardis are great--my husband rocks a few, and they and a little old-school cool while also adding warmth. A fine-knit, close-fitting cardigan is both good-looking and practical under a jacket; just make sure the shirt under it is fitted! And when it's really cold, a "grandpa" cardi over another (thin) sweater can work well.

And, my goodness, that gentleman is lovely!

 

Blogger Tina Frey Designs said ... (1:23 PM) : 

This is a hint for Garance! Please buy Scott a cardigan for Christmas!! Add this to your list now! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Lovely, would so like the cardigan look on my man but he is firmly stuck in the early 90s, since um the early 90s. I just suggested a cardigan to him and he said resolutely no, unless it had a zip, hmmm, think not.

PS Would love to see a gift guide, for men AND women

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

I never thought about cardigans that way! I think you should definitely do a list of gifts that can be crucial to an outfit!

 

Blogger Fashi-Off said ... (2:04 PM) : 

It's on the list!!!!
Cardigan under blazer, so classy!

Viola

http://fashi-off.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Enough talk about cardigans already. Can we just discuss what a hunk this guy is no matter what he would be wearing??

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:14 PM) : 

That jacket is really great!

 

Blogger diary said ... (2:16 PM) : 

wonderful jacket :)

http://iamyourdiary.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger CabinetParts.com said ... (2:19 PM) : 

That jacket is really nice. I like cardigans but it doesnt get that cold in FL. LOL

Nice post!

 

Blogger The Red Umbrella said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Layering...cardigan...yes!

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (2:32 PM) : 

Scott, perfect post as we head into the Thanksgiving holiday. Way to show how men should dress!

Check out Sean John's new "Ready To Work" collection...what do you think?

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/11/jullien-herrera-for-sean-jean-ready-to.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

look perfecto

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Great Look...that jacket's AMAZING!

Check out Sean John's new "Ready to Work" collection. I'm liking it...what do you think?

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/11/jullien-herrera-for-sean-jean-ready-to.html

 

Blogger A said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I'd love my guy in a cardigan. How do I talk him into it? It took me three years just to get him into a v-neck cashmere sweater.

 

Blogger Loca por tu Ropa said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Thanks for the advise...I never know what to buy him.
Kisses from Madrid,
María

http://locaporturopa.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lucia said ... (2:57 PM) : 

A gift giving post? I'm getting more and more hooked on your blog everyday! A cardigan is a very versatile look, my guy might even wear one! Loves it!

 

Blogger José Cabral said ... (3:18 PM) : 

i have offered a lot of cardigans. really...a lot (always to myself)

 

Blogger Lucas Jones said ... (3:27 PM) : 

would love a set of gift giving posts scott!

 

Blogger Anna said ... (3:35 PM) : 

The cardigan is PERFECT for men and women...

I usually wear it!

as you can see:

www.fashionessence-anna.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Alex Ingram said ... (3:53 PM) : 

very sharp and great commentary
tuxandtie.blogspot.com | twitter.com/tuxandtie

 

Anonymous Big M said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Love his jacket. Does anyone know who made the jacket? Is it bespoke?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

yes please to gift giving posts!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Mate, my bloke wouldn't touch a cardy with a ten foot pole!

I, however would adore, hug, snuggle, and love him in a cardigan but being an Aussie 'chick' it's Havaianas (or pluggers if he had his way) and 'boardies'.

I will keep trying though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Scott, I cannot wait to see your gift-giving list...waiting with baited breath! Oh, BTW, the hot looking Spaniard is not too shabby either.

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Oh Scott, PLEASE do more of the gift giving ideas posts!! We ladies need to be in the know :) Also, I agree on the cardigan thing - I definately think more men should not be scared of wearing it. I think it looks incredibly musculine yet makes the look approachable.

 

Anonymous joe t said ... (4:21 PM) : 

looks great! dont forget to add silk pocket squares to the list,,

 

Blogger Jacob Sinclaire said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Cardigans are the best! Very classy.

 

Anonymous Jack said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Baffled at the cardigan? They're old news. I mean, they came back a handful of years ago. Nothing new.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Good idea!! I'll wait for that list ;)
#1 Cardigan
#2....

 

Blogger saradowle said ... (4:43 PM) : 

I was wearing a man's tank cardi today (and I'm a girl!) Menswear vintage finds are such fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I love this, but the cardigan WITHOUT the jacket is a much different look. More casual, and dare I say, kinda goofy. Like Mr Rogers.

It is definitely a situation where you gotta keep your jacket on all day. Which I have totally done. ;)

 

Anonymous blog largada mas arrumada said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Hi
Here in Brazil does not have men who dress so well.
Kisses

 

Blogger Yevgeniya Yelkina said ... (5:02 PM) : 

sexxyyy!!!

http://hypnoticfascination.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Raydene said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I completely agree with you, that's why my boyfriend has gotten one already! I'd love to see a list of other great gifts, especially if they are as practical and stylish as the cardigan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I would LOVE a gift idea post!

 

Anonymous Rati said ... (5:53 PM) : 

A post about gift giving! I LOVE the idea!
Especially one for men that do not dress very flamboyantly.
Love the blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

The best of this blog is that people who appear in it are so different from each other...
Love this style, and it's from my country!

 

Anonymous Montreal said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Beautiful Jacket!!!
The horizontal colour in the plaid and the scale of plaid is very similar to the jacket Luca Rubinacci is wearing but different color in his post of Nov. 15h in the blog Rubinacci Club.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

For me the "gilet", the sleveless cardigan, is a must have in my boyfriend outfit. Boglioli just made the perfect sleveless cardigan fit in the current fw season. Francesca, Milano

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

If only my husband would wear one : /

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

yes to gift advice!!!

 

Blogger Christina said ... (8:08 PM) : 

Please do your "gift giving" post! This will help so many men who fall victim to clothes (mainly suits) that are ill fitting...but then again, they're probably not following this blog...

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Blogger everyday a floor show said ... (8:10 PM) : 

nice jacket and the gentleman looks so carefree!

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (8:30 PM) : 

yes, every gentleman should have a cardigan as a gift..
and a woman who will steal it back when she pairs it to wear with her plain white t shirt & jeans.

 

Blogger Andre Gorr said ... (8:52 PM) : 

for the question Big M said:
"Love his jacket. Does anyone know who made the jacket? Is it bespoke?"

Checking the sleeves' heads it's definitely to be bespoke, but really a GOOD one... RTW blazers have much narrow sleeves.

BTW - i think its a vest underneath

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

This works on ladies too.
Mary

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Good idea. I've been trying to get my husband to wear a cardigan for a few years now...maybe he'll break soon. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Cardigan or no Cardigan you can put this guy on my list! YUMMY!

 

Blogger Melissa Kay said ... (9:01 PM) : 

Keep posting more gift ideas!

 

Anonymous Abid said ... (10:03 PM) : 

Wow this like casual and formal, young and old, all got together at a tea party during a cold sunny afternoon!!! its great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 PM) : 

Thanks for that little visual gift! The cardigan definitely takes the look up a notch, but this guy would probably look good in a paper bag. He's setting the bar high for other men with his style.

 

Anonymous birdfeeder said ... (10:59 PM) : 

ohh! i want a cardigan please :)

 

Blogger Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Love love love it.

http://www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Queen of the Tea Cosies said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Gees! I wish I could get My Bloke into a cardigan,

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:08 AM) : 

I think thats a brilliant idea!

I'd love to see what the quint essential satorialist would want for christmas.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

My very stylish uncle just bought a cashmere "Mein Lap" from Shanghai Tang. It's a little different from this gentleman's look, but the rigid silk lining help the cardigan hold its shape, which makes it even more flattering on.

 

Anonymous The Serendipitous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Great photo! Love the jacket; he's oozing with style. Happy Thanksgiving Scott and a gift list would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

 

Anonymous Alison said ... (12:56 AM) : 

I'm sorry but only old men and university lecturers wear cardigans. What is going on here? This guy is really good looking, has a great flair for fashion and can actually pull off this look. Put a cardigan on an average guy and it WILL NOT look like this. Girls, think again before you put your man into a cardi!!!!

 

Blogger saba said ... (1:40 AM) : 

I'm just curious...is that a sweater vest?

 

Anonymous The Prestige said ... (2:10 AM) : 

The man looks comfortable. Great style, everything ties so well together.

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (2:14 AM) : 

Great post Scott...
This photo is incredible.
LOx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

Really - I love your subtle stylish way of making us respect the weather and seasons! Goose pimples and red noses are never stylish. Cardigans and heavy tights and socks rule - at this time of the year, on the northern hemisphere. THANKS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 AM) : 

great photo, handsome man! love the cardigan but specially the jacket. He's got the look!

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (3:51 AM) : 

so stylish man!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous IS THIS IT? models review said ... (4:14 AM) : 

I simply love! I use this kind of solution too a lot of times, and it really looks great... :)

http://www.isthisitmodelsreview.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 AM) : 

My Father is a tad on the large side, but is working at slimming down. I know that he always talks about "the way he would dress if he were 50 pounds lighter" as though he has some genuinely good ideas, and based off of what he's told me, he definitely does! One question I had, as I'm more than happy to help him achieve his goal of dressing better, is what kind of cardigan would you find suited to a man who's perhaps a bit heavier? (And when I say heavy, I don't mean like 300 pounds, more along the lines of 220-250.

 

Blogger Thelma Frayne said ... (4:43 AM) : 

It takes a real man to carry off a cardigan.

I'm excited about your gift ideas posts Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 AM) : 

"I guess I'm getting ahead of myself because a good cardigan would be at the top of my list." I feel like that was a hint for your wife. Hehe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 AM) : 

Yes, good thinking. Give me more!
Liliane

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 AM) : 

Would love a gift giving post! Soon please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 AM) : 

as further reference to the elegant line a cardigan creates, your readers may want refernece nov. 9, crowd pleaser Very Young Madrid, (AkA, Bright Eyes, angel, cute, adorable...

However, only a dashing figure such as 'VY Madrid', can pull off that 'cropped' cardigan look.

as to the gift list, it's pom pom knee socks for everyone from me. Thanks.

Happy TG Scott, Garance and families. Thank you for another great year of wonderful inspiriation, and freshness!

 

Blogger ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said ... (7:42 AM) : 

Very classy!! ))

 

Anonymous TRVS said ... (8:03 AM) : 

In a picture dictionary for the Garden of Eden, this would be Adam...

 

Anonymous Fut-iL said ... (8:08 AM) : 

Love his brown & blue jacket!

 

Blogger Bigio said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Great outfit! Yes, I'm waiting for your "gift givin post"!!!





www.thebigiofactor.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous remi online said ... (8:38 AM) : 

i love that!it's verry cool and elegant, nice touch with the cardigan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

heh. Love the guy. I like the idea of gift-giving posts, I just wish someone would post a list for men to give to women!

I actually love the blazer more than the cardi...

 

Blogger reindeer said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Instanlly I liked this shot. Chic outfit, the man's smile, and glasses before him. I saw a kind o f perfect confort in this scene.

Thanks for posting!!

 

Blogger Death By Shoe said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Fantastic photo! Love the jacket :)

xDanielle
www.deathbyshoe.com

 

Blogger De la Riva Complementos said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Fantastico!

 

Blogger Sophia said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Great! First I thought it is a formal vest and then I recognized the cool twist the cardigan gives to the outfit. This little modern touch for this great outfit. The handkerchief gives the traditional "old" touch.
It is never boring and fits to many occasions.

http://umbrellabeachfashion.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I truly think it is the jacket I like best, not the cardigan!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Uniqlo - Merino Wool are an excellent choice!

 

Blogger MªRosario said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Perfect styling. The jacket gives a chic touch this man, but no tie.

Perfet work look

I like fashion, goes
http://comprarterrenosolarnavelocalpiso.blogspot.com/p/moda.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

my ideal man :) how smart!

 

Blogger Sara Lee Bentley said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Make sure Garance sees this post then ;)
Happy Thanksgiving!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:14 PM) : 

i LOVE THAT CHECKED JACKET!!!!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Tassos Pasalis said ... (3:03 PM) : 

I completely see your point. You are once again inspirational. I see your points and respect your opinion. My wife loves them too and often asks me to wear them. I'll try some cardigans on.
Thanks!

 

Blogger pruveit said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Great lapels. This jacket reminds me of a similar jacket worn by Don Drapper of mad men.

Also notice the bracelet.

 

Blogger Marieta Milanović Trapo said ... (3:12 PM) : 

<3

 

Blogger My Happy Window said ... (3:29 PM) : 

I like the bracelets detail.

http://myhappywindow.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

It is not that easy, the cardigan must be light and fitted, if not you may look like a grandpa....

 

Blogger Adoro e quero! said ... (4:44 PM) : 

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your blog!!! My inspiration...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Que hombre mas guapo!!!!

 

Anonymous Mandy said ... (11:13 PM) : 

Scott,
Please do this "gift giving" posts!

This is such a great idea!

 

Blogger Linda Wright said ... (1:08 AM) : 

As a woman, I love a man's cardie for myself. Take the basics...grey, black, navy and beige or chocolate and then add a few pretty pastels. This gentleman was born with elegance and niceness. I am brave enough to vote that he has both!!!
lindawrightsthoughts.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:02 AM) : 

layering is KEY, i'm so happy to know i'm not the only one keeping up my blazer tendencies this winter. Snow in Vancouver already!?

www.theeleventhblog.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 AM) : 

please give us the "gift giving posts" i ALWAYS look at your blog for inspiration and would love to see what you have to say!!

Love you blog!!

 

Blogger RITITI said ... (4:51 AM) : 

GORGEOUS !

 

Blogger RITITI said ... (4:52 AM) : 

GORGEOUS !!!

 

Anonymous La Moraleja Blog said ... (7:11 AM) : 

Excellent idea!!! I love your blog !!!

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (7:42 AM) : 

Can't wait to reed your gift giving post… I always find it so hard to find my love the perfect gift!

 

Blogger Luciane at HomeBunch.com said ... (10:03 AM) : 

He's charming.. but no.... that's something my grandpa would wear. Yeah, maybe I do have a stylish grandpa.

:-)

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

OMG! Theat guy is hot! I noticed the man first and then the clothes. Sorry!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

I must go to Spain, right now!

 

Anonymous Italian Shoes said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Love you blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

How much I love cardigans!.. and cardigans on men..mm.. great advice, thanks for posting ~

 

Anonymous Geeky Chic said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I love the shades of brown and blue colors on his jacket. Very chic.

www.geekychic.ca

 

Blogger Anna Brambilla personal shopper, stylist said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Very sofisticated look. I love the way he matched the colours also.

http://fashionstalkermilano.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:09 PM) : 

love the cardigan with the hanky poking out of the picket- very chic!

www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous The Style Voyager said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Yea, I think a simple cardigan really helps guys to dress up but still look relaxed :)

http://thestylevoyager.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Zarita said ... (2:14 PM) : 

love it !!!
http://fcommefashion.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Elyssa said ... (3:44 PM) : 

I would love a gift giving series! I am savvy on women's fashion, and think a well dressed man is one of the most beautiful things, but could use a bit more knowledge about men's clothing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

que guapo

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Great suggestion, noted.

 

Anonymous Runway Rundown said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I have been looking through your posts and I love the on the street looks you have shared! I'm from the United States, and I feel it is not everyday in Illinois that I find myself surrounded with these bold fashion looks.
Great site!
And I hope you find Runway Rundown to be tasteful like yours!!

--

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Great Photos! I love seeing daily glimpses from around the world. Now guess I should be plugging my blog but I don't have one.

 

Blogger Michael Beon said ... (6:37 PM) : 

That's a great look

www.monarch84.com

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (10:53 PM) : 

this is a great photo and it makes me smile =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 AM) : 

Typical of the way well-to-do Spanish men from Barrio de Salamanca in Madrid dress---fresh elegance.

 

Anonymous Brett said ... (1:18 AM) : 

Thanks for sharing this. What a good color scheme

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 AM) : 

Can't one look just as good with a v-neck sweater?

Most of the girls I know still think cardis are for old men, so I avoid them in stores. :P

 

Blogger Jasmin said ... (1:56 AM) : 

so elegant! great photo!

http://unefilleunreve.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 AM) : 

me encanta madrid,su barrio de salamanca,el restaurante alkalde,sus gentes,sus gentes,sus formas de vestir,beber...

 

Blogger El coolhunter accidental said ... (4:17 AM) : 

I'm a fan cardigan and I love the style of this man.

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I really like the idea of "gift giving" posts. I hadn't thought to buy my husband a cardigan. I think most men in their 40s think of "Father Knows Best" when they think of a cardigan. I haven't made the effort to get him to re-envision the cardigan, but seeing this I think it's worth a try. Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

For Andre Gorr:

It's a Tom Ford jacket

 

Blogger NobodyKnowsMarc said ... (12:37 PM) : 

love his blazer!

www.nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Laurita P said ... (1:05 PM) : 

cardigans on men are so great, you're right. i hope you do make a list, i can't wait to read it!!

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

**

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

a beautiful man
Street Style by Stela

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (2:55 PM) : 

It is elegant and streamlining.

 

Anonymous Nova said ... (3:26 PM) : 

I would really love to read a series of gift giving posts.

 

Blogger Rhai and Coi said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Very handsome guy! The suit fits him well!


SIAMESESKY


SIAMESESKY


SIAMESESKY

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Shurt Clip can help with making a fine tailored look! Visit www.shurtclip.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Good idea. I could also do with a scarf, suspenders, gloves, a hat, a wallet and a belt..

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting