This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Aussies First Winter, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Aussies First Winter, New York

Emily has been working with me for a few months. It's been fun to watch her preparing for her first real Winter. Well, trying to prepare. Everyday during this past week seems to deepen her shock at just how cold it gets in Manhattan.

It has been equally fun to watch her layer and layer the few appropriate clothes she did bring with her in a beautiful attempt at freeze relief.

Comments on "Aussies First Winter, New York"

 

Blogger Blond Panther & Louboutin... said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Great style... ;D'

http://blondpantheretlouboutin.blogspot.com/2010/12/stylist.html#links

 

Blogger Luciane at HomeBunch.com said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Oh, I feel like hugging her! lol


She looks so comfy & cozy! Cute!


xo


Luciane at HomeBunh.com

 

Blogger blank said ... (11:11 AM) : 

i need her coat here in the Midwest!
love her scarf too!

--la vie en BROKE--

 

Anonymous The Iconic Blog.com said ... (11:12 AM) : 

haha! Get ready!xx

 

Blogger Alex Ingram said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Cool look! 90's grunge ish
tuxandtie.blogspot.com
twitter.com/tuxandtie

 

Blogger Yevgeniya Yelkina said ... (11:12 AM) : 

looks coooozy<3

http://hypnoticfascination.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger FH said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I love this mix red, black and beige !!

Fanny

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (11:13 AM) : 

love the red plaid..

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Why do I get the feeling this woman has no gloves? She needs that and a scarf! Some ill-prepared Aussie. Otherwise, beautiful.

 

Blogger Nyrha said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I like that outfit and I want the coat for myself!

www.maddenim.blogspot.com

 

Blogger JustNorman said ... (11:15 AM) : 

what a beaut. I think I've fallen in love.

JUSTNORMAN
JUSTNORMAN

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I'm about to feel her pain as I move from Southern California (where we had a sunny and warm weekend spent at the beaches) to Switzerland covered in snow :)

Keep warm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

i love the socks with the boots!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:17 AM) : 

take care darling! i'm doing the exact oposite...trying to prepare for a warm winter/and christmas in rome, and since i'm polish...how can anyone feel christmas atmosphere without snow?!?!?1

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Phil said ... (11:18 AM) : 

I Like...

Phil

 

Anonymous Kevin said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I love the red in the outfit.
Kevin

 

Blogger Aimee said ... (11:20 AM) : 

totally agree with alex, a very grungy ensemble especially with the lumberjack tunic!

 

Blogger .shea marie. said ... (11:20 AM) : 

this picture is so awesome. love the jacket

much love from hollywood ca
http://cheyennemeetschanel.com
CHEYENNE MEETS CHANEL

xoxox
shea marie

 

Anonymous missheidy said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Oh I feel her pain too as I'm an Aussie experiencing her first real winter in Toronto.
The struggles of trying to dress somewhat warm!

 

Blogger S said ... (11:22 AM) : 

she looks really cute, I love the parka! I'm trying to prepare for my first real winter too as I'm moving to Berlin in a month. I freeze everytime I think about it...

http://singinonmymind.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Fashionista said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Love the mix red and brown! Great style!

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (11:23 AM) : 

loving the jacket...wish I had one like it right now

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Great outfits, the colours go together so well!

 

Blogger Frozen Fashion said ... (11:29 AM) : 

I can see why it is so fun to watch Emily winterize herself! I can relate this will be 3rd real winter......

I love the red accents. She looks perfectly cool but perfectly warm at the same time!

Ciao
<3


check out my Great "Wool & The Gang" give away:)
http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/2010/12/hot-freezing-fashion-xd-kapok-give-away.html

 

Blogger Luzmaría Alam said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I love red-black, looks warm and pretty

 

Blogger Shamini said ... (11:30 AM) : 

oh! i know how it feels to face a first winter (european/american)!!
coming from a small island not far from Australia, i know how she should feel! I went through all this me too 2 years back!!

Wish her luck (and warmth!)
kisses

 

Blogger S. said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Poor girl! I've lived in Canada all my life and my shock about the increasing cold continues each winter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I don't really like her style, but what she's wearing fits her really well! xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

love the boots!

 

Anonymous ProstoTak said ... (11:34 AM) : 

As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. I think she'll manage winter just fine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

love the boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

having moved from Sydney 9 years ago, I am still surprised by how cold it gets here in NYC - she looks adorable and stylish

 

Blogger Anna said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Love the reds popping up from the socks, shirt and lips. Effortless.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Cool coat!

 

Anonymous Maggie said ... (11:45 AM) : 

We're having a similar struggle here in my hometown of St. Paul. One of the newer hires at my favorite bar is an Australian ex-pat. I knew his co-workers were training him in on Minnesota winters when last week, he told us, "I have two pairs of socks on. I know how you people roll."

 

Blogger Cecille said ... (11:46 AM) : 

love the whole outfit! so cozy :)

 

Blogger Lawn Party said ... (11:49 AM) : 

seems like she has figured it out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Love the layers! That coat with the red plaid is gorgeous x

 

Blogger Alys said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Aw, poor thing. At least the cold hasn't thrown her sense of style! x

http://fashionmoriarty.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Nice outfit for these cold days!

xx Ale

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Step one: zip up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I know what you mean. I am married to an aussie. We live in Berlin and I have not yet been to New York (can't wait!!) but it's gets pretty cold here too.

 

Anonymous Cherryst said ... (12:02 PM) : 

The first and the last time that I was in New York it was February and I fainted on the street I was so cold!!

 

Anonymous Sondra said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I like the glimpse of red socks matching the color of her shirt.
She's not doing badly so far, but she will need a nice scarf!

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I love the winter out in NYC! Was just out there.

Its cold, so I had to bust out the layers.

Best thing ever though...

Winter in the big Apple is amazing!

I went off to the Dominican right after. Its the complete opposite climate wise! = )

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (12:28 PM) : 

She looks great, though!

 

Blogger Click on Styles said ... (12:31 PM) : 

great outfit for the cold!!!


http://clickonstyles.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Kimberly said ... (12:32 PM) : 

as a newbie to snow, this is a great idea on how to keep warm for the winter! thank you!

 

Blogger M said ... (12:59 PM) : 

love the color harmony in her outfit

MarielsCastle

 

Blogger Ray said ... (1:09 PM) : 

ahh she is lovely! the perfect outfit for a cold weather like it's now:)))

 

Blogger Noumia's papers said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Nice look ! She look pretty ;)
I love her boots :)

xoxo

http://noumias-papers.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Alisha said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I love this look, it's kind of like my style.

http://fascinationforfashion-akm.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger JessiGabrielle said ... (1:17 PM) : 

She is beautiful! Love the red socks and red lips!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Is that Emily Barclay?

 

Anonymous Victoria Regia said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Oooh, this brings back memories of my first North-American winter in the late 90's. I was a high-school grad straight out of the boat from sunny Brazil. I bought a pair of duck boots to commute between my college campuses in North Jersey and people made fun of me to no end. My nose and lips were bone-dry and cracking most the time. I was always cold and fatigued, as my body was working harder to maintain its normal temperature. I loved the geography and the people of the U.S., but hated the weather. Nowadays, I enjoy the crisp, soothing cool air as well as the opportunity to experiment with a wide variety of clothes. In fact, I think I've adjusted a little too much, because last time I was in Rio, I actually fainted in a public bus due to the heat. Go figure. Anyway, good luck to the girl in the picture! I'm sure she'll do very well.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Interesting mix with the military color and red show pieces!

http://elitistview.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Boothe said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Socks and scarf.

Love.

 

Blogger Triple Crème Decadence said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Cozy-chic! Love the layers.

xoxo
Tiffany

 

Blogger Triple Crème Decadence said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Cozy-chic! Love the layers.

xoxo
Tiffany

 

Blogger Katherine said ... (1:40 PM) : 

She looks great! You would never know she wasn't an experienced winter weather dresser :)

www.LaPetiteMarmoset.com

 

Blogger CabinetParts.com said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Lucky girl! I wish I could work for the Satorialist.

Ha ha Jus Kidding but very modern grunge! Nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

if she's cold, she should zip/button up! :)

 

Blogger Monroe Steele said ... (1:43 PM) : 

love the boots and the pops of red

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Layering is key.

And staying indoors!!!

 

Anonymous Zoe said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I want to know where she got her parka!

 

Blogger Gorete Sousa said ... (1:49 PM) : 

love outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!
great pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:52 PM) : 

cutte.

http://www.informalthing.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Love her outfit- she's mastered the layering perfectly! Her hood makes her look so cosy and snug yet uber chic and stylish!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Blogger missroycereed said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Youth is a quality, not a matter of circumstances.

Frank Lloyd Wright

 

Blogger Lucia said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I envy her, as I myself would layer upon layer of comfy fabric when I lived in Chicago, where even one's nose hairs freeze over!! Here in Portland, its just rain gear I use mostly. But she proves one can always look stylish no matter what Mother Nature throws at you. Love the red lips too.

 

Blogger Maëva said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I'm looking forward to the real northern edition when it comes... snow and all.

 

Blogger Audrie said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I understand how Emily feels! I moved to CT from Australia a few years ago and we spent that first Christmas in Manhattan. I was in such shock! But you get used to it when you know what to expect :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

She reminds me Winona Ryder in Reality Bites but much better Emily, of course.

 

Blogger Angel said ... (2:25 PM) : 

So cute, I feel her pain, Its my first winter in over 6 years and the cold hit in November and we've been in the teens and sub-zero temps for 3 weeks now. She is pulling it off much better that I, Fashion has taken a backseat to function.

Angels Point of View - Street Fashion Blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

I love that coat, missed a hoody like that today

 

Blogger franca maisha said ... (2:33 PM) : 

very sweet, love this look! especially those red socks peeking out her boots :)

xx

 

Anonymous Michele said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Looks cute, but won't last unless she gets gloves, hat and warm boots. Surely as she is from Australia she should be wearing Uggs......or are they only for export. Buy her one of those really cute furry hats with ear flaps.

 

Blogger Marieta Milanović Trapo said ... (2:51 PM) : 

awww....love her outfit.....<3


http://ateriammt.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

She looks cute, the hood is the way to go, especially with the drafts from wind. I'm not sure what the coat is made of... nylon? What I hate about winter is how it destroys your hair.

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (3:02 PM) : 

I like the plaid on plaid--and the boots are great!

 

Blogger Esther said ... (3:19 PM) : 

love the way she wears red socks together with black booties :) XXXX ♥

http://theglamorousmess.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

What on earth is so special about this?

 

Anonymous Anna said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Oh wow. I am in love with those pants! So cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Sir, I need more photos of men. Please. More Beppe :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Melbourne girl?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

love the boots and socks combo!

 

Blogger greenbeenfood said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Aussies can be very creative when need be!

 

Blogger Marianna Papagiannopoulou said ... (4:46 PM) : 

perfect
totally perfect
i love it
xoxo
nana
http://nanajonesofficial.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Zuzia said ... (4:49 PM) : 

she looks great. love her socks ;)

the-red-zebra.blogspot.com

 

Blogger MartaPalczewska said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Nice red accent. :)

 

Blogger Whitney Sherrell said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Looks nice & warm and adorable, too!

Whitney

www.MyStylishFriends.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

who makes that coat? or one like it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Fantastic photo as always!!!
This look is simply and particular at the same time...so cute!!!

Tnx!!

www.thescribblerist.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Well she certainly is adjusting to the cold weather stylishly. Love the bright color peeking out here and there. She looks warm without being too covered up. Who knows---over time she may grow to love bracing cold air.

 

Anonymous Cousin Honey Vintage said ... (6:32 PM) : 

I love, love , love layers...perfectly done.

 

Blogger Heather Feemster said ... (6:57 PM) : 

She's so cute, great story!

 

Blogger Fernanda Czarnowski said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Just love the look!!! Kisses from Brazil

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Uhh, for Aussie's first winter she's doing a great job! Very chic...

www.thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger namita said ... (8:13 PM) : 

i love the plaid almost lumberjack elements to this... oh and the red socks peaking out!

http://a-fashion-fixation.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

Aussie
Aussie
Aussie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

qt

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (8:32 PM) : 

And yet she manages to look AMAZING!!!

 

Anonymous Rob said ... (8:41 PM) : 

I'm sure Emily will do fine - we Aussies are a resilient lot!

As I found last February - it was 35C when I left Melbourne, and -8C when I arrived in DC - you can't really prepare for such a shock, you just need to go shopping real quick! (Oh - and pack some longjohns to get started!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

i love the layered flannel. But its sad to see thats she's wearing leather boots...
theres so many other options!

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (8:55 PM) : 

She does cold well. The red lip really pops.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

Merry Christmas Emily - we'll think of you as we sit on the veranda on Boxing Day with the cricket on the radio, cicadas buzzing in the background, left-over ham sangers and watermelon for lunch - and sweltering!

 

Blogger Danielle said ... (9:10 PM) : 

Hahahha -- I can entirely sympathize. It was freezing in NYC today! She looks beautiful thought! I think boots are key.

-Danielle
http://daniellemsolomon.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Emilie said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Just wondering how exactly one gets to work with garance and yourself???? What does Emily do???

ps love that parka!

 

Blogger RyanM said ... (9:25 PM) : 

as a straight dude I think she is super hot. emily if you are single...find me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

ohhhhh, LOVE! she knows how to layer!

 

Blogger Anabelle von Frankenberg said ... (9:47 PM) : 

her outfit is so cute! i love the red throughout the outfit, especially on her lips.

www.latitudegalaxy.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jessie Rubin said ... (10:13 PM) : 

lovely photo!
http://myatypicalmantality.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Haute Muslimah said ... (10:24 PM) : 

haha, she looks so cute!

 

Blogger Fashion Baggage said ... (10:40 PM) : 

She looks perfect, she needs a short fox coat or a mink shawl for Feb. She should fair well at least she took time to do her makeup!www.fashionbaggage.com

 

Blogger Fashion Baggage said ... (10:44 PM) : 

he is going to need a short fox fur in Feb, but she will be alright. At least she put on her makeup! www.fashionbaggage.com

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (11:52 PM) : 

And yet she still looks amazing, despite how thrown-together her outfit sounds! Looovee it <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

Emily should buy some knit silk underwear - tees, camisoles, and even "long johns" to layer under her clothes. They take little space and keep the warm air close to the skin - particularly if a light wool layer is over top. Even a silk blouse under a wool sweater will help her stay warm.

Silk is cool in the summer, too, so it is an all-season fabric.

 

Blogger Lily said ... (2:41 AM) : 

I love her outfit, but seriously how cold could it really get in Manhattan. Try braving a Canadian winter where -25°C and snow up to your waist is just the average.

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (2:44 AM) : 

under it's grey exterior..new york has a huge heart.
the heart of the city will warm you.
there are always a few days in january can get brutally bitter cold.
think in terms of 'two'..
two scarves.
two sweaters.
gloves inside of mittens.
double socks.
moisturiser by the tubfull...for your skin and hair.
keep yourself hydrated..the winters are so dry.
the best thing about all of it..you can always nip into a store and thaw out as you walk.
* source: native new yorker :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 AM) : 

She's the only person I've ever seen look good in one of those long parkas! :) Great layering, too, and the red actually _looks_ warm..

She also seems to have picked up one trademark of true cold-climate dwellers (or at least the hardy New Englanders I grew up among): Unless you're on the verge of hypothermia, the coat stays unfastened!

 

Anonymous el mundo en un espejo said ... (3:43 AM) : 

It´s cold, too much cold!!
elmundoenunespejo.jimdo.com

 

Blogger The DuniaBeast said ... (4:05 AM) : 

LOL! How cute ^__^ It's like San Diegans experiencing legitimate seasons. I sympathize with Emily.

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (4:20 AM) : 

wonderful pic, great job, congrats!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous classiq said ... (4:33 AM) : 

I love the parka. It always works for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 AM) : 

lovely

 

Anonymous fashionfreak said ... (4:52 AM) : 

Parka is still best for this season!
Love the khaki in combination with fur...All-time-favourite!
I'm thinking about next purchase - what do you think?

http://www.maendler.com/catalog/product/view/id/38780/s/jenifer-julia-kaninchen-gefuettert-parka-olivgruen/category/214/

All my best!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (5:15 AM) : 

I adore her red burning lips.

 

Blogger Giuppy d'Aura said ... (5:55 AM) : 

she is simple but, at the same time,so stylish!

wow i wonna dress like her tomorrow!

 

Blogger MagickalGoddess said ... (7:19 AM) : 

She looks fab. I love this layered look - a Melbourne Girl?

http://www.magickalgoddess.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (7:20 AM) : 

absolutely cool!!!...I love this style

 

Blogger eliza said ... (7:37 AM) : 

this is so adorable!

 

Blogger Tara s Dolce Vita said ... (7:59 AM) : 

It's funny how she looks at you (Scott)... like, come on, get it over with.... take this picture... you know I'm freezin' ;-)

ps. Can I work with you too?

Ciao,
Tara

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Hi, why don't you say the brands of people's apparel? That's the most iportant thing otherwise if we see somthing that we like, how can we find it?

 

Anonymous Wanda said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Great Winter Fashion!

 

Blogger Nolita said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Emily looks great!

Greets from freezing Estonia.
FB: Nolita Vintage Shop & Blog
----www.nolitavintage.com---

 

Anonymous gale said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I love the pop of red in her shirt and her socks..

www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Ahhh the winter. Something that I do not miss.

windowshopz.com

 

Blogger Sophie said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Loving the scarf and the red socks... Great pic!

Xx

http://www.lachosemagnifique.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (12:37 PM) : 

She looks wonderful! All the Australians I know here in London have already left for 'home'. Lucky them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Any one know who makes that jacket???

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Nice use of layering, especially since it is functional as well as fashionable. I like the eskimo coat :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

OH so adorable!

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (3:01 PM) : 

love the coat

 

Anonymous Budymary said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Sweet and sour.
Love it!

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I really like this look. The plaid, the jacket and the boots!

http://fashioncollective.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Gabriel Ugoala said ... (7:47 PM) : 

love the reds,red shirt,red (I think)sock,and a nice red lips.

 

Blogger wwanddi said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Matching socks,shirt and lippy - Fantastic! Red cheers up the coldest of days.....well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

LOVE HER STYLE!
SOOO COLD!

 

Anonymous Tom said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Such a charming model. I'd love to see a photo series depictng her year in fashion in NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Em! Amazing fash PR, I've worked with her. Had no idea that's what she was doing in NY!

 

Anonymous Sabby said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Very nice. Reminiscent of winter in Toronto.

 

Blogger Pippa said ... (11:13 PM) : 

I wont tease her by telling her how warm and sunny it is here back in her homeland!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:18 AM) : 

I love the red socks and shirt!
I want her boots!

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (5:32 AM) : 

You take care of our aussie over there Scott..
She is stunning.. love here style..
LOx
http://leeoliveira.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Zip up your jacket

 

Blogger StylePicks said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Love her coat!

StylePicks
http://stylepicks.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Haha, for cold winter, try Norway. Even here, in the capitol city, it's been as much as -20C/-4F continuosly for the past month. Brr.
-Ingrid

 

Anonymous Alizée G. said ... (2:00 PM) : 

fabuleux ces reflets ! la nana a une parka énorme mais un style dingue, j'adore !
Des bisous, Alizée G.
http://alizee-gaie.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Stephanie said ... (2:29 PM) : 

I love all these on the street pictures. They are awesome.

 

Blogger  About said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Looks like the perfect winter outfit! I think I'll be needing similar this weekend.

 

Blogger J.Ro said ... (3:03 PM) : 

She looks great. But it's so sad she missed Oprah.

www.jrocomedy.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (4:45 PM) : 

perfect outfit to fight against the cold. I love the red socks matching the shirt

 

Blogger Rosaspina Vintage said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Cute Emily! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

omg so smokin hot. and with an aussie accent? you kiddin me? fuhgedabowdit!

 

Anonymous iamakko said ... (10:50 PM) : 

check on check.
very advanced!!

 

Blogger Stef said ... (1:37 AM) : 

try being covered in snow at -4F. Visit Romania!

happy holidays!

 

Blogger Michelle Lee said ... (4:00 AM) : 

definitely love layering

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

twitter @divalicious_m

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Obsessed with her coat! Also paired well with the skinnies.

 

Blogger Sophia said ... (8:21 AM) : 

I love the jacket with the fur hood. I have a similar one just with a belt. And the splash of red is great. On the lips, the shirt and especially the red sock you see a bit over the boots.
It is really difficult to find something warm enough but at the same time good looking in this times. Here in Germany it is very very cold with twenty to thirty centimeters of snow.
I have layer over layer because when you wear a huge pullover you are warm enough outside but literally melt inside...

 

Blogger Amir Olavi said ... (10:11 AM) : 

You're so lucky it's so warm there in Nyc! In Finland it has been around -15/5F some days. That's cold. Dressing is interesting, gotta think about layering coats, using big scarfs and mittens, furry hats...it's fun actually. Photographing outside is nearly impossible though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Oh wow. Yep i can relate-tis my first cold christmas in paris!!

 

Blogger Alex Mojcher said ... (11:58 AM) : 

wow. cutest thing ever. two button nonchalance, matches her socks, perfect parka. i would find it impossible to resist asking her for coffee

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

red lipstick and red socks

http://andthespidersfrommars.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

As an Australian experiencing her first Parisian winter in a while; I can completely relate to her pain. My body has gone into some sort of toxic shock as northern Europe has its coldest autumn in decades [and winter really hasn't yet began!!].

 

Anonymous Anja said ... (2:08 AM) : 

Ooooh, finally! A post that features real winter clothes! I'm always on the lookout for how to look stylish while dressing for the weather where I live (the northernmost city in Canada).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

Uhhh... they have winter in australia too. you've got no ida how freezing it gets in melbourne and tasmania. its not like it's just some big dry desert ahahaa. pffft I'm sure she'll be fine

 

Anonymous Peter James said ... (10:08 AM) : 

well dressed for it!

 

Blogger ~ Titi ~ said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I love the touches like coordinated socks peeping out of the boots. Makes a nice statement.


check out
http://pandemonihem.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous groovergreen said ... (12:41 AM) : 

Hey Emily, you're not missing much; it's 15C and bucketing rain in Melbourne today. Congratulations on a beautifully proportioned outfit with dynamic splashes of crimson. I wish I were wearing it right now!

 

Blogger elizabeth said ... (12:57 AM) : 

my favorite part is the color story of the red, accented by the red lipstick! as a new yorker, you have to balance style with WARMTH, because in the end, the new york winter is brutal!

thecoffeeexperiment.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous SLdez said ... (2:34 AM) : 

really cute, I just wish the boots were brown.. Her parka is something every girl in new york should own, love it!

 

Anonymous AViewfromtheShade said ... (4:33 AM) : 

I WANT HER WHOLE OUTFIT! ALL OF IT! In fact I was shopping today with the mission for olive/army green and flannel red. Hahah, ended up buying a pair of really green pants. Sigh* I will accomplish this mission.

 

Anonymous lucio flajore said ... (6:59 AM) : 

not special to me, it's the basic winter warmer look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 AM) : 

I MISS YOU EMILY!!

X

 

Anonymous Effies Heart Womens Clothing said ... (1:08 AM) : 

Great look! Its always a challenge to find beautiful but warm womens clothing, especially for New York winters.

 

Anonymous Anna said ... (6:10 AM) : 

the socks are genius!

 

Anonymous Pandora said ... (8:50 AM) : 

She looks lovely, appropriately dressed, and beautifully dressed

 

Anonymous old mate said ... (6:36 PM) : 

this is so, So rad. im ripping it off, and im a dude! double plaid. the ol' flannelette shirt/s. im an aussie too, so i got plenty of those winter warmers. its our uniform.
i saw in a documentory on B-boys in NYC back in the 70's, how they matched socks with belts, shoe-laces with belts, belts with kangols caps, socks with layers under your jacket in winter... everything in this, is just pure gold.

 

Anonymous Remy said ... (7:03 AM) : 

She's done well!

 

Anonymous Kate said ... (9:30 AM) : 

she is really nice! so cute :-) like the eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

really young and cool...right style for right place

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 AM) : 

know how she feels. i wore thick stockings under my jeans during my first NY winter! well its strange for an aussie :) happy to see an ausie working along side such an inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

she should come in finland, it's two meter snow in here and soon it will be -30c

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 PM) : 

anyone know a lipstick/lipstick shade like hers?!
in love with this picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

i totally love this.

 

Blogger ▲▲Lacing Up▲▲ said ... (3:26 PM) : 

i love how the socks match the flannel

http://lacingup.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

I love the outfit, but yes, she is going to need to bundle up a little more. Invest in a scarf, gloves and a hat at least.

 

Blogger Travis said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Manhattan winter?
I have three friends from Brisbane living here in Winnipeg Canada - yeah, the coldest city in the world with a population over 600 thousand.
They are adjusting fine.

 

Blogger JanieGirl said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Love her outfit!!

 

Anonymous lauraa said ... (11:21 PM) : 

Go the aussies!
she looks beautiful,
loving the red in the socks and the plaid, and on her lips
:)
love from melbourne, aus!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting